Accidental flowering - Go with it, or try to re-veg?

Hi all! Got a question for the more experienced growers.

Couple of weeks ago I re-built my grow-space, which took 48 hours. I have 2 plants which are roughly a month old, so only about halfway though my desired veg time. During the 48 hour rebuild period, I made sure the plants didn't get more than 12 hours of darkness, as I was planning a few more weeks of veg time. But apparently I failed, as both plants have now shown sex (1 male, 1 female). Obviously the male is getting cut today.

My question is about the female. At this stage, it has the 2 white hairs showing in multiple areas. So its very early in flowering. Should I try and re-veg the plant, or am I better off letting it flower? Right now my lighting is still at 14/10. I read that re-vegging a plant can cause hermies etc. Does anyone have experience trying this?

Edited by resist

Thanks everyone! Have just been reading about pre-flowers / pre-sexing and it seems you are both right. The 2 white pistils I'm seeing must be pre-flowers, which means I can keep her in veg for the moment.

I've been incorrectly told that plants will only show sex after 12/12 lighting starts. Seems to be a very common misconception! According to what I'm reading, the plants can show sex as early as 2-3 weeks into veg, if you know what to look for.

Thanks for the golden advice!

Thanks everyone! Have just been reading about pre-flowers / pre-sexing and it seems you are both right. The 2 white pistils I'm seeing must be pre-flowers, which means I can keep her in veg for the moment.

I've been incorrectly told that plants will only show sex after 12/12 lighting starts. Seems to be a very common misconception! According to what I'm reading, the plants can show sex as early as 2-3 weeks into veg, if you know what to look for.

Thanks for the golden advice!

All good my bro. Good luck with it all and people here will always help where it can be done.

There is a plethora of info around here and GC as well as some good books if you enjoy reading.