Folks Over Knives Full Doco

Whole Food Plant based diet 

https://youtu.be/IAdQBs6QCII

if you haven't got it from the above , talkin Vegan 

never had an interest in vegan or vegetarianism cause always thought people i met who were veggo's  

didn't always look that healthy but maybe it needs a better look   

watching , you'll have to put up with the odd comment by the guy showing the vid 

you can go to the doco website & pay $5usd to watch with better audio & no comments if you like  

just watched it then, pretty interesting research and they got the data to back it up.

It really makes you think about your own mortality and choices, quite provoking. 

I could probably cut out going to fast food places that would be easy enough, but changing diet completely would be a challenge especially with 3 young fussy kids 

but hell I just don't think I could ever give up my toasted bacon, egg and cheese sangas, that shit is sacred man lol:nono:

yeah the struggle is real 

i've given up processed sugar , which was big for me as i have a massive sweet tooth

only eating whole foods as well , at this stage still eating meat , fish or chicken 

drinking only water since mid jan this year , wasn't much of an alcohol drinker or coffee/tea

but again would drink orange cordial all day everyday 

plus i don't think you have to give up meat completely , just limit to a few times a week

& maybe one of those cheat days you can go for it with ya bacon ect

there was a 4 corners report some time back where the reporter , who had cleaned up his diet 

against a young 20 something gymnast who loved junk food , burgers , pizza , chocolate 

they fed them for breakfast of crap , donuts , pies , burgers , coke , shakes , ect ect & took bloods every hour 

to see how the 2 bodies handle the crap that was consumed , the reporter who was on a mostly 

greens diet already processed the crap quickly with no issue , the junk food loving athlete was told 

he was one step from diabetes , did not get rid of the crap anywhere near the rate of the reporter 

who was twice his age from memory 

it seems possible to have a mostly green diet & use that diet to let you have a cheat day that the 

body can get rid of fairly quickly due to that constant green diet 

i don't have kids but i would think best to learn good habits early , of cause change would be hard

but think there bodies would adapt a lot quicker than us adults   

just on bacon , you guys might want to look up the use of Nitrates & Nitrites , they are additives to keep the 

bacon / deli meat red , really not good for you , you can find bacon which is free of these additives 

but a lill hard to find  , i won't mention the beautiful tasting brown black grill marks of grilled/fried cooked meat 

Hey guys,

I went vegan at the end of 2016, that combined with exercise I went from 144 kgs of out of shape slob to 79 kilos of mean machine with a six pack.

now I am mostly vegan with the odd bit of lean meat and eggs when I feel I need it. For a long time I felt good just eating vegan but after training hard for so long I felt a bit down and flat and so had some quality lean meat and felt better. So now once a month or so or if I feel flat I go and get a nice lean steak and eat that and I am good for a while. I train a lot though, run every day and four hard two hour sessions per week minimum, more in fight camp so to be vegan doing that you need to have everything on point. If I had a nutritionist working with me I reckon I could get enough out of a vegan diet to sustain me with plant protein and if I wasn't training so hard I have no doubt that a vegan diet would be ample.

On a side note, dairy is something that I feel a lot better not consuming. I always remember having a upset stomach after eating lots of dairy so maybe I am lactose intolerant somewhat but yeah, after not eating it for so long dairy products just smell bad to me now.

Anyway if anyone is struggling with weight loss I encourage you to consider a vegan diet even just for a while. If anyone wants any advice about it hit me up as I've done it myself and I am happy to help others. 

Edit.

PS my mrs changed her diet with me and has lost 20 kilos so far, her exercise regime is one aqua aerobics class per week and walking the dog, so you dont have to be an athlete to make lasting change :D

Edited by Partimus
  • Upvote 3

yeah the struggle is real

i've given up processed sugar , which was big for me as i have a massive sweet tooth

only eating whole foods as well , at this stage still eating meat , fish or chicken

drinking only water since mid jan this year , wasn't much of an alcohol drinker or coffee/tea

but again would drink orange cordial all day everyday

plus i don't think you have to give up meat completely , just limit to a few times a week

& maybe one of those cheat days you can go for it with ya bacon ect

there was a 4 corners report some time back where the reporter , who had cleaned up his diet

against a young 20 something gymnast who loved junk food , burgers , pizza , chocolate

they fed them for breakfast of crap , donuts , pies , burgers , coke , shakes , ect ect & took bloods every hour

to see how the 2 bodies handle the crap that was consumed , the reporter who was on a mostly

greens diet already processed the crap quickly with no issue , the junk food loving athlete was told

he was one step from diabetes , did not get rid of the crap anywhere near the rate of the reporter

who was twice his age from memory

it seems possible to have a mostly green diet & use that diet to let you have a cheat day that the

body can get rid of fairly quickly due to that constant green diet

i don't have kids but i would think best to learn good habits early , of cause change would be hard

but think there bodies would adapt a lot quicker than us adults

just on bacon , you guys might want to look up the use of Nitrates & Nitrites , they are additives to keep the

bacon / deli meat red , really not good for you , you can find bacon which is free of these additives

but a lill hard to find , i won't mention the beautiful tasting brown black grill marks of grilled/fried cooked meat

Lucky im in the meat industry i guess....Can pick and choose. But for others i agree you don't really know what your getting.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app