House & Garden Coco Nutes - Mixing

I'm embarrassed to admit this but we are here to learn. I think I've been making a big...monumental mistake in my last 2 grows. In summary, I've used H&G A ONLY for veg and H&G B ONLY for when I switch to flower. I know this is wrong now... The guy at the hydro shop last year said that was the way to do it.... Did H&G do this in the past? Have A for veg and B for flower? 

MicMac, hoping you can chime in because I know you use the H&G coco line. Tell me that I've been doing things wrong and please explain the correct way, the way you do it.

MLG

Yeah mate u been doing it wrong

Get water ready, have equal amounts of A+B ready, I like around 1.0 to 1.2 EC, mix A throughly through then add part B, check EC then add whatever supplements u gonna use check ph, they shouldn’t affect EC or PH

Be careful some products like mammoth or powersi need to be mixed first b4 adding A*B

Don’t know how they used to do, but this is the correct way

I’ll put up a list of products I use n why like DR did in my thread tomorrow

It thanks time to get the confidence to use these supplements but they all serve a purpose n r used at different times

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by micmac
  • Upvote 2

Thanks micmac, you're a champion. I'm not quite sure how my grows survived with the way I was doing it up until today! Usually I'm pretty good at RTFM but this time I slipped up...

Wonder now how much better my grows can get? Looking forward to seeing.

Atm I'm only using A&B so I'd be curious about the supplements list.

I'm in week 4 of a small NL grow so I'll mix up a new batch of combined A&B tomorrow.

Thanks again.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Wow..... not sure how they survived that. I use most of the H&G range but not all. Things I cant go past is the budxl, roots xl and the top booster.

One day I will try the amino, but I dont like to add too much to the mix. Found I got good results just using the A&B, so I know you can get by just fine on that.

Wow..... not sure how they survived that. I use most of the H&G range but not all. Things I cant go past is the budxl, roots xl and the top booster.

One day I will try the amino, but I dont like to add too much to the mix. Found I got good results just using the A&B, so I know you can get by just fine on that.

Yeah I know. The plants still looked OK though. Guess Im expecting my yields to increase now :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

While I'm here....wondering how people measure the PPM. For example, recommended PPM is 500 for a particular phase on the grow.

Today, I did a quick test....

In 2 litres of water gradually added the below and have come up with the total...

Tap Water - 130ppm

1ml Calmag - 320ppm

1ml Coco A - 480ppm

1ml Coco B - 555ppm

So when the H&G site says Xppm required of their nutes... do you include the tap water and calmag PPM to get to that recommended amount? From the above, there is only really 235ppm of their nutes in the mix.

MLG

I find most time you dont need to add cal/mag to H&G cocos range. I would drop that out, you wont need it during veg and more often than not, wont need it in flower. I rarely see defficencies and its probably getting locked out at them time more than it not being available.