Privacy of Paranoia...?

Agreed there’s always risk, its how u handle mentally is the key

to success

I do security checks every morning n night, not paranoia just being smart

I have security cameras again not paranoia, if someone comes when I’m not there I want to know who it was n why they were there?

Our area has just been combined with another to make a larger precinct, the head detective has made himself known to the area taking out dealers, no ice dealers though, n more than a dozen grows have been done

I’ve had him at my door on more than 1 occasion, he’s actually leant up against the room n didn’t notice, dumb fuck!,

So I understand how it could get the better of someone n just quit, sorry I’m not that someone

So yeah getting yourself mentally prepared for venture is something I don’t think ppl take into consideration b4 they start, then the paranoia becomes overwhelming n they bail

Having a mental strategy when paranoia kicks in and how to deal with it r necessary

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Edited by micmac
  • Upvote 2

Nearly everything that is held private by us, licsences, phone numbers, email addresses, home address, accounts , personal info etc are fast becoming linked and web based. Personal info interigated by third party apps at will. Cloud storage. Targeted adverts and news articles.The illusion of a free range internet. Blah blah blah.

I don’t care if big brother rummages through my washing every now and then. Like they haven’t already. It’s not them I want to hide from, like we could anyway.

Technology changes so quickly, and spotty youth are getting better at their nerdy algorithms. Won’t be long until you can plug someone’s IP address into an online calculator to find their postal address.

When this happens I’m hoping my vpn puts a little distance between myself and the hoards. Whether this is realistic or not I don’t know, it makes me feel better for $100 a year that’s for sure. This i think is healthy paranoia??!

A Vpn changes my ip, uncensors the internet and is cheap. I’m all in.

Nearly everything that is held private by us, licsences, phone numbers, email addresses, home address, accounts , personal info etc are fast becoming linked and web based. Personal info interigated by third party apps at will. Cloud storage. Targeted adverts and news articles.The illusion of a free range internet. Blah blah blah.

I don’t care if big brother rummages through my washing every now and then. Like they haven’t already. It’s not them I want to hide from, like we could anyway.

Technology changes so quickly, and spotty youth are getting better at their nerdy algorithms. Won’t be long until you can plug someone’s IP address into an online calculator to find their postal address.

When this happens I’m hoping my vpn puts a little distance between myself and the hoards. Whether this is realistic or not I don’t know, it makes me feel better for $100 a year that’s for sure. This i think is healthy paranoia??!

A Vpn changes my ip, uncensors the internet and is cheap. I’m all in.

Totally PARANOID [emoji23]

Kloud 9 [emoji106]

Sorry for the bad news but you can already get a postal address from your IP address. In Australia the police have the right to go to your ISP and ask for the information relating to an IP and unless you pay with fairy dust under the counter for your internet then all will be revealed.  VPN's are indeed the way to go as they hide your IP from the receiving / sending address and they say they will not divulge any information if questioned BUT the tools they use to get your IP also give them your MAC address (this is the Hexadecimal address given with your data to route the information to the right computer) it is hard coded into your network card hardware (includes phone). This address is UNIQUE (in the world and is placed there by the manufacturer) and can identify an individual device regardless of any IP address used. This MAC address is also recorded by your ISP as part of the routing process so the police can go to an ISP and ask for the information based on the MAC address and once again, VPN or not your done.

BUT

Having said all this it is not a job they would do all the time as it is time consuming and difficult to narrow down to a particular ISP. so for us small time home growers not really worth the effort, although if you start sharing information about your 500 plant grow or how much you sell then  :police:. I am not saying the boys in blue would have 1 or 2 "members" of this forum monitoring what's going on and collecting data cause that would be underhanded (but legal and admissible). So saying my plants are suffering a bit because of all the rain we have lately in "Cairns" narrows down the ISP used by a long long way.

So what am I saying - If they want to find you they CAN so try not to give them a reason to spend the time to do so and you will be fine. Most folks on this site grow for personal use and medication and are merely offering advice to each other so Don't Worry. (but watch what you reveal to others).  IMHO.

(edit)

Just a 5 minute play gave me: and this is the " don't give too much info" findings

My IP ( I'm not that dumb  lol )

my local exchange IP 123.x.x.xxx

my ISP 123.x.x.xx

the 4 hops to get around Australia IP's Telstra Melbourne 203.xx.xx.xxx Telstra Sydney 202.xx.x.xxx , 202.x.xx.xxx, 202.xx.xx.xxx  X 2

then 9 hops (154.x.xx.xxx) to a main server in another place IP 38.xx.xx.xx (yes im being vague on purpose)

then to the ISP servicing this site IP 209.xx.xx.xxx

then the computer at that site that handle the account 69.xxx.xx.xx

then to the ozstoners Hosting computer itself (with name of host and ISP) 50.xx.xx.xxx

That's where I stopped cause I don't do that stuff anymore .

Edited by Knarfman

Sorry for the bad news but you can already get a postal address from your IP address. In Australia the police have the right to go to your ISP and ask for the information relating to an IP and unless you pay with fairy dust under the counter for your internet then all will be revealed. VPN's are indeed the way to go as they hide your IP from the receiving / sending address and they say they will not divulge any information if questioned BUT the tools they use to get your IP also give them your MAC address (this is the Hexadecimal address given with your data to route the information to the right computer) it is hard coded into your network card hardware (includes phone). This address is UNIQUE (in the world and is placed there by the manufacturer) and can identify an individual device regardless of any IP address used. This MAC address is also recorded by your ISP as part of the routing process so the police can go to an ISP and ask for the information based on the MAC address and once again, VPN or not your done.

BUT

Having said all this it is not a job they would do all the time as it is time consuming and difficult to narrow down to a particular ISP. so for us small time home growers not really worth the effort, although if you start sharing information about your 500 plant grow or how much you sell then :police:. I am not saying the boys in blue would have 1 or 2 "members" of this forum monitoring what's going on and collecting data cause that would be underhanded (but legal and admissible). So saying my plants are suffering a bit because of all the rain we have lately in "Cairns" narrows down the ISP used by a long long way.

So what am I saying - If they want to find you they CAN so try not to give them a reason to spend the time to do so and you will be fine. Most folks on this site grow for personal use and medication and are merely offering advice to each other so Don't Worry. (but watch what you reveal to others). IMHO

This can be easily reversed to find your ID locations etc [emoji108]

Kloud 9 [emoji106]

• Upvote 1

I have expressvpn app on my phone and a vpn router in my house but if the cops are interested enough in me to look at my browsing history I'm 1 step from screwed so my vpn isn't my main security issue. It's living in a rental and coming home finding a plumber in my house that shouldn't be there [emoji23]