Moved from paper towel method to peat pods and seed raising mix

After a week of not having any luck with the paper towel germination method, I took some advice online in the forum and moved the seeds to seed raising mix and organic peat pots.

Gets nice morning sun and nothing heavy middle of the day or the afternoon.

Been spraying the surface with water only when it has gone dry.

Any other advice you can give me?post-63728-152661681839_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

looks good samoa, i like to keep my seed raising mix quite wet while there germinating, they need moisture and warmth to sprout so dont be affraid to leave them in the sun all day, just make sure they dont dry out, i always use seed raising mix or put them straight into the ground, ive always had the best success doing it this way as opposed to paper towel or any of those other methods as long as the seeds are good, cheers and good luck

Hey Big S, good to see you're trying another method! :thumbsup:

As MLG said, heat mats can be a big help in maintaining a consistent (and ideal) temperature at the root zone (or lack of root zone at this stage).

If a heat mat isn't an option at the moment, another thing you can do is go to your local green grocer and grab a polystyrene fruit box and pop them in there. The polystyrene will keep the pots off the potentially cold ground and act as a thermal barrier. The walls of it will also help keep the warmth in and insulate your little girls. Once they sprout and then get to seedling stage, if ya don't already have a mini seedling greenhouse/propagation tray with lid (can be bought from bunnings for about $9.50), you can simply put a piece of glass or perspex over the top of your polystyrene box and you've got a DIY greenhouse. Keeps temps at a good level and humidity up. Could even clingwrap/plastic wrap the top if ya being real cheap! lol

Keep us up to date!

i know what your saying mac, in saying that though ive never had an issue sprout seeds outside this time of year with water and sunlight, from memory i sprouted 100 seeds this exact time last year with just water and sun when i did a winter grow last year, all came up except 2 or 3 theres a pic here somewhere, i call it the kiss method, sun water and dirt and as god said leave them alone lol but your right theres lots of ways that will work,,,,,,,,, p.s i was taking them in at night just i case of a frost