Parliamentary Petition to Legalise Recreational Cannabis

Is anyone good enough on a computer to make a flyer saying about it and how to sign? Pretty sure most of Brisbane Markets would sign it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Thats a great idea, unfortunately i suck at that kind of stuff. Anyone good with design that can spare an hour to chuck together a flyer?  :P

Edited by bloodshot_eyes

lol lol lol learn some patience you lot, its coming soon, then we will be really be fucked 

we all become TAX dodgers, that's a far bigger crime then growing pot, lot bigger fines

if it ends up like tobacco anyway  

they where all set to make it legal in the 70's, tobacco companies were behind the push then, was very close to reality, thank fuck it didn't happen lol lol lol  

• Upvote 2

lol lol lol learn some patience you lot, its coming soon, then we will be really be fucked

we all become TAX dodgers, that's a far bigger crime then growing pot, lot bigger fines

they where all set to make it legal in the 70's, tobacco companies were behind the push then, was very close to reality, thank fuck it didn't happen lol lol lol

True but I’m over getting done for growing, just make the change [emoji106] gov

Kloud 9 [emoji106]

That's true too Pedro ....

Edited by Pippin

I still think it's a worthy cause. If we model our principals on other countries such as the Netherlands and legalize cannabis there will always be flaws, however studies have shown that cannabis consumption actually remains the same in these countries and hard drug consumption actually goes down. There would be tax revenue created that could be drawn into the economy and spent on things such as mental health and drug rehabilitation services, which are currently a joke mind you. I reckon there would be serious revenue created by cannabis tourism aswell and there is also serious potential for cannabis export (as if our outdoor grown Aussie buds aren't the best).

Edited by Pippin

It's a very complex issue to the core. The war on drugs has indeed failed IMO. I have seen drugs completely rip apart peoples lives and I have seen serious flaws in the system that need to be addressed.

The war on drugs hasn't stemmed the flow of drugs into the society, particularly cannabis. Drugs such as ICE are so widely available and dangerous it's a joke. You don't know what the fuck your shooting up. I'd rather be shooting up a clean product then something which has been tainted.

We can't deny it's a problem, but the sooner the government models its approach on more advanced countries, countries of humanism, that genuinely care about its people the better.

I honestly feel all drugs should be legalized. I know i'm gonna get shot down for this, but it's just my opinion as crazy as it sounds.

Decriminalization is a start (cannabis).

Like Portugal’s model ?

Kloud 9 [emoji106]

Yep.

The drug policy of Portugal was put in place in 2001, and was legally effective from July 2001. The new law maintained the status of illegality for using or possessing any drug for personal use without authorization. However, the offense was changed from a criminal one, with prison a possible punishment, to an administrative one if the amount possessed was no more than a ten-day supply of that substance.[1]

10900 now, seems to be slowing down a bit. Most people haven't heard of the petition so we may have to work a bit harder. I don't think this particular petition will actually achieve much as drug laws are for state governments but if it gets the issue in the media its a good thing.

For those worried about home growing, the models suggested by the Greens and Liberal democrats allow home growing in the case of the greens 6 plants. In Colorado and California its similar and in canada it will be 4 plants. Uraguay also allows a small number of plants. 6 plants is plenty, especially if you can still buy from shops if you run out or want some variety. They have found in Colorado, Oregon and Cali that far more people are buying from shops than growing their own and they are raking in the tax revenue. This is because people are inherently lazy, same reason why most people don't grow their own veggies or brew their own beer. I think in the future, as legalisation spreads around the world, pressed dry sieve hash will become the most popular product, probably produced in places like Afghanistan and pakistan cos its cheaper.

• Upvote 1

• Oz unpinned this topic