Bud leaves Canoeing Down. Help.

Hi all. This is my 3rd plant and I have not seen this before. I am a couple weeks into flowering and the leaves are canoeing down around the buds. I have plenty of light power and feed regularly, when dry. I have tried to google but get mixed results. Most of them being Nitrogen OD or Mites. I can’t see any mites and I have followed the H&G A+B schedule from their site. Only A+B so far. Adding PK in a couple weeks.

Growing in COCO coir. Using CFLs.

post-61445-0-35396900-1526250118_thumb.jpegpost-61445-0-43310300-1526250142_thumb.jpegpost-61445-0-91348800-1526250081_thumb.jpeg

post-61445-0-99488700-1526249919_thumb.jpeg

post-61445-0-51824900-1526249955_thumb.jpeg

post-61445-0-55331300-1526250022_thumb.jpeg

I can’t see any mites

Too early to tell from those photos - could be lots of other things, but you need to know that the worst (Broad mites) are very, very small - you can only see them with strong light and at least 40X magnification or more - look for any movement by slowly scouting under the curled leaves and around the growing tips. They're tiny cream coloured little fuckers and they move fairly fast so can be spotted by looking for movement - nothing should be moving under your leaves!

If they're there, it will get worse quickly - the growing tips will start to curl and die and affected larger leaves develop a mosaic pattern on top.

Spider mites are more common, larger, usually with two "spots" on the body and they leave little webby things under the leaves.

Message me if you see Broads as I have them in both my tents but have learned how to keep them under control without pesticides - in flower, you do not want to use any of those awful chemical miticides.

However! the first step is looking very carefully and checking all the other possible causes like nutrient toxicity or root problems.

Edited by doctor_nelson

Thanks guys. I just had a look. I’m pretty confident it’s not more. Looked under leaves on different parts of the plant and they look normal.

So I’m guessing it’s the newts. Should I just back them off 10%? Or feed some plain water?

At present she is drinking 600ml in the morning and a 300ml top up at the start of the night cycle. Will be going to 600 and 600 soon.