Seed Germination

Hi guys,

I have been using the paper towel method to germinate my seeds for the last 5 days. Coming up to day 6 today and not seeing much progress.

There are little holes in the side of the seed which I assume is the beginning of the root coming through.

I have been using the paper towel method and assuring the towel is kept moist every 12 hours. It is kept in my drawer to keep it dark.

Weather in brisbane for last week has been getting colder but we still have highs of 23 every day.

Any advice would be appreciated even if it's to tell me to stay patient [emoji16]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Can't say I've had any troubles cracking seeds and being light sensitive. I'm sure you'd have drama's in time, but I usually have them in a medium when the tap root is 1-3cm long.

What you probably find is a more constant temperature around 23 degrees would be of more help. I don't go the paper towel method though, I usually half fill a glass with rain water, boiled water once cooled, or demineralised water, and place the glass on top of the fridge towards the back where you can feel some heat radiating from the back of it. Usually within5 days those seeds that are going to crack would've by then and ready to plant out.

6 days in is getting a bit far along with no results. Hopefully some of them will germinate for you, sam.

If all else fails, put them in dirt

Chur [emoji16]

Can't say I've had any troubles cracking seeds and being light sensitive. I'm sure you'd have drama's in time, but I usually have them in a medium when the tap root is 1-3cm long.

What you probably find is a more constant temperature around 23 degrees would be of more help. I don't go the paper towel method though, I usually half fill a glass with rain water, boiled water once cooled, or demineralised water, and place the glass on top of the fridge towards the back where you can feel some heat radiating from the back of it. Usually within5 days those seeds that are going to crack would've by then and ready to plant out.

6 days in is getting a bit far along with no results. Hopefully some of them will germinate for you, sam.

If I put them on the fridge it is okay that they will be getting lots of light inside?

If I put them on the fridge it is okay that they will be getting lots of light inside?

Yeah, the way I do it they're exposed to normal ambient light that you'd expect to find in a kitchen. Never had any ill effects yet. Just as long as you plant them before too long. As I mentioned above, they seem to be fine, even when the root has grown up to 3cm long which usually happens before day 6.

Ideally, I like to plant them when they're 1cm long.

Edited by Indycar