Why is this?

Hi, first time growing.

3rd day seedling, moved the jiffy pellet container to a small cup with Debco's organic mix w/ perlite yesterday. Watered yesterday, didn't water today. 

The tip of the first leaf (cotyledon leaf?) showing dark colour.  Is it normal or is it because of the nutrients in the mix? 

The first serrated leaf show no problem

The light is a dimmable led (viparspectra par450) at 70cms above, at %30 red, 70%white & 70%blue. 

How can i tell if the light is too low or too high? 

Thanks.

post-63540-0-49074000-1525950392_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aucklander

Hi, first time growing.

3rd day seedling, moved the jiffy pellet container to a small cup with Debco's organic mix w/ perlite yesterday. Watered yesterday, didn't water today.

The tip of the first leaf (cotyledon leaf?) showing dark colour. Is it normal or is it because of the nutrients in the mix?

The first serrated leaf show no problem

The light is a dimmable led (viparspectra par450) at 70cms above, at %30 red, 70%white & 70%blue.

How can i tell if the light is too low or too high?

Thanks.

I've had it on all my seedlings except one. I always wondered the same. All mine have survived. Except for the first ones i grew im soil. Can't comment about soil as i overwatered in that medium.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If I think it is what I'm looking at. It's just a membrane. Leave it there, it'll do no harm and fall off eventually, or shrivel up with the cotyledon's once they are depleted.

Personally, such a small seedling. I wouldn't be giving any nutes yet. Maybe 2nd or 3rd set of leaves I'd be looking at starting them on it.

Edited by Indycar