Criminal Code and Other Legislation Amendment (Removing Commonwealth R

IANAL but as I read it, this would essentially toss the legalisation of recreational cannabis out of the Commonwealth's jursdiction for the states to regulate and tax as they wish.

Much as I think Leyonhjelm's choices are usually those of an opportunistic simpleton, I'm with him on this one.

DATE 09 May 2018  CHAMBER Senate  STATUS Before Senate  SPONSOR LEYONHJELM, Sen David

Bill is here

Explanatory notes are here

• Upvote 1

So just say Queensland cries over loss of mining taxs then they could tax cannabis at a high rate to get revenue?

I think this bill would make it much the same as tobacco and ethanol so yes - the states would love the revenue. The key will be making sure that like home brew beer, responsible adults can grow a couple of plants at home unmolested as long as they don't sell it. Of course big Pharma/Tobacco/Ethanol interests will try for a tightly regulated licensing system for all growers and no home brew. Fuck that.

Edited by doctor_nelson
  • Upvote 1

Would be a very welcomed change to the legislation. I think like San Fran they should take all non violent cannabis related crimes off peoples record- as that proposal states - otherwise law abiding citizens are being prosecuted for accessing a natural medicine. It's so crazy its about time something real happened. Here's hoping for a positive change!

If this goes ahead, and the State's and Territories move on it. It'll piss a lot of Detective off, because they'll have to turn their attention to real crimes/criminals. Which in turn makes it harder to fill their "kill sheets" each month.

I can hear the Police Unions in a uproar already. :D

I could live with that.

Do what I do with my seasonal grow and pop down the milk bar for some alternate bud. How good is that?

No doubt taxed up the razzoo....... that’s ok isn’t it? Dodgily grown pesticide infested ganja a thing of the past?

lol no, dodgy grown pesticide infested pot is the future, the producer will get shafted and need to make sure every crop survives, do whatever it takes to make a quid

the wholesaler will make a good quid, the retailer will make a good quid

and all the tax will get passed on to the consumer

and we all become tax evaders lol lol 

It will go to big buisiness no doubt. Pesticides and miticides are too expensive surely. Bio control or whatever they play with that ebbs and flows throughout the grow is interesting. Not so much about elimination. Control is good enough for cannabis?

Look, I don’t mind if the government makes money off of it. I mean.........it is our plant isn’t it. I will share it with them I guess. lol.

But I tell you what. I would probably be one of the first down at the milk bar to try me some “sunny ole Queensland State approved overtaxed weed”, wouldn’t you?