Spider mite solution

Decided to help out a mate house his babies for a week and now I got the mites biting, they seem to be all over his and only a couple on mine, almost like his was preferred, removed them straight away, got some mite rid made up a solution to their reccommended dosage, sprayed em up, about week 4 of flower, 7 days later is today.

I was told to do different methods as they become immune to 1 method easily, I have 100% alcohol and read up on it just wanted to know some of your gi uys thoughts, 1/10 solution seems to be the safest dosage, not looking to kill every single one of them I just want to get through to harvest without webbing, [emoji106] being realistic here [emoji23] cheers

Will post some photos when their awake tonight

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Spidermite suck!

everytime i have had them i used Mite Rid,

cleared em right up 

1 application only and a follow up a weeks later as a precaution,

only in veg but, not in flower,

i would be very hesitant to give them another spray of anything

one dose should keep them at bay for the rest of flowering.

you could go  buy yourself a heap of lady beetles and let em loose

Spidermite suck!

everytime i have had them i used Mite Rid,

cleared em right up

1 application only and a follow up a weeks later as a precaution,

only in veg but, not in flower,

i would be very hesitant to give them another spray of anything

one dose should keep them at bay for the rest of flowering.

you could go buy yourself a heap of lady beetles and let em loose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnmc-OZR93g

Yeah man hit em with mite rid first just before hairs started popping, been hesitant to hit them again when I'm this far through, the mites in the pic are like that on about 1 out of 15 fan leaves and no webbing yet, hoping to get a harvest before they are everywhere just tried vacuuming as much as possible then knocking down with cold water, the photo is the most muted I seen on one fan leave other have 1 or nonepost-63510-152577703627_thumb.jpegpost-63510-152577705828_thumb.jpeg

Order some predatory mites from Bugs for Bugs ,,a few days for delivery , problem sorted with no spray.

Biological and cultural control

Spider mites have several biological control agents including lacewings, tiny mite feeding ladybirds (Stethorus spp.), predatory gall-midges (Feltiella spp.) and a variety of predatory mites (including Phytoseiulus persimilis and Neoseiulus californicus).

Solutions

Persimilis is a predatory mite that feeds on all stages of two spotted mite and other spider mites. It is one of the world’s most commonly reared natural enemies and has been produced commercially in Australia for over 25 years. This beneficial mite has been used successfully in many situations including strawberries, greenhouse crops and deciduous fruits.

View product information

Californicus is an aggressive and robust spider mite predator. It is tolerant of a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions and is used widely overseas as a powerful biological control agent. Californicus is able to survive well even at low prey densities due to their ability to use alternate prey and pollen as a food source.

View product information

+1 for bugs for bugs in flower 

+1 for using trap plants companion planting , from memory egg plant is a fav of spider mite 

sticky traps are your heads up you have visitors of the bug kind 

neem once every 2 weeks is cool but a couple sprays a week is better ( average bug growth = 2 to 4 days , egg to bloody lill fuka )

but only better if you change it up & not spray the same thing , rosemary oil as a pesticide & thyme oil as a fungicide 

use potassium silicate & aloe as emulsifiers rather than dish soap or better than dish soap Dr bronners hemp castile liquid soap 

get the peppermint flav & use it as a pest spray on it's own , 

use saponins found in aloe vera or soapnuts as a pest spray but in the case aloe your spraying something the plant will like & get benefit from 

unlike oils which plants don't like & is a good reason to have a water only spray as a rinse weekly , some will do a lights on morning mist in veg 

like a morning due outdoors , i think Vader OG does this 

watch your temps in your room = bugs breed slower in cooler conditions , any temps over 25c makes your environment perfect for bug breeding  

No1 rule , assume you have bugs from day dot & treat the plants & room accordingly , proactive not reactive = reactive is a harder game to play & win 

• Upvote 2

Order some predatory mites from Bugs for Bugs ,,a few days for delivery , problem sorted with no spray.

Biological and cultural control

Spider mites have several biological control agents including lacewings, tiny mite feeding ladybirds (Stethorus spp.), predatory gall-midges (Feltiella spp.) and a variety of predatory mites (including Phytoseiulus persimilis and Neoseiulus californicus).

Solutions

Persimilis is a predatory mite that feeds on all stages of two spotted mite and other spider mites. It is one of the world’s most commonly reared natural enemies and has been produced commercially in Australia for over 25 years. This beneficial mite has been used successfully in many situations including strawberries, greenhouse crops and deciduous fruits.

View product information

Californicus is an aggressive and robust spider mite predator. It is tolerant of a wide range of temperature and humidity conditions and is used widely overseas as a powerful biological control agent. Californicus is able to survive well even at low prey densities due to their ability to use alternate prey and pollen as a food source.

View product information

Awesome man very helpful, will get into that today, given me heaps of good info [emoji16][emoji106]