The way I see it flowering is actually 4 stages

1 stretch

2 budlets form (puffy balls of white hairs)

3 budlets fatten into buds

4 ripening

To me it looks like you are in late stage 2 so you'd have 5+ weeks to go

Thanks. That's a really good way of explaining that's easy to understand.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Hi doll. At least 50% of pistils should be brown then look with a cheap loupe off eBay. They are look tops by the way. Good job [emoji1303]

Ahh, I think you are confusing pistils with trichomes when in fact they are 2 totally different things

Those white hairs are pistils and can clearly be seen with the human eye, where as to clearly see the trichomes and their colour you need a lens of some sort.

The pistils brown off much earlier than the trichomes, in fact the pistils brown off and disappear, if left the bud swells from inside, before a new set of pistils burst forward. Personally I allow this process to occur 3 times before I harvest, usually around 12-13wks of 12/12. The extra wait (and weight) is well worth it IMO

But as I say, pistils and trichomes are two totally different parts of the flower

Here's a couple of pics that may explain it a bit better

The brown hairs in this first image are the pistils. You can see the white trichome stems with a little clear droplet, that droplet is the trichome head.

post-24238-0-79713100-1525655233_thumb.jpg

This image gives some idea of the size of the trichome stem and head, minute

post-24238-0-87426300-1525655078_thumb.jpg

Here you can see the crystal clear trichome head. When she's mature that head is a nice amber colour

post-24238-0-75106200-1525655176_thumb.jpg

The old skool theory used to be when those pistils turn brown she's done. But we've got things a it more refined now and with a lens we can check for a more mature state of readiness.

I hope that explains it a bit better.

Merl1n

• Upvote 1

So if I'm guessing right the autos around 5 weeks the rest around 9 weeks? The autos have nice sugary crystals on them now. One got chomped bad not long after sprouting so I put it in the garden and forgot it. It's 1/3 the size of the other 2 because it didn't get much light or nutrients the others did.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk