To DWC, or not to DWC...

Or so lol .... this one does 40L should be fine for a single bucket e4091c76976f721215375c670b1c93da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Whoa shit I just saw that and thought it was a pop-up ad! Was thinking "wow is some advertising algorithm reading every damn thing I post on the internet now?" I must be more baked than I think..

Pfft.. A/C and water chillers are overrated. I've done several years of RDWC without either in SEQ. Just keep the buckets on cool cement, have air intake drawing in from a cool shaded area, and run the lights at night. If you put in the effort and figure out the the advantages and disadvantages of your grow area, you can minimise most potential problems that may arise.

I've only ever shut down twice, because of a couple of harsh Summers where I could no longer manage the heat, and then it was only for a couple of months. That said, I'd be fucked with my current location for about 4 months of the year, but I'm outdoors then anyway.

But now we're in Winter and the Mars light, you'd probably find you may need heating before the month is done, Fungi. :D

Good on ya mate - hey I can see the benefits of an auto for sure.

Good shit. They sound like they will be bloody tasty.

I reckon give your plants a shot at 23 - remember the first few weeks are the most important with autos as they are basically on a timer switch, so in essence its your job to make the healthiest and best start so when she auto flowers you won't just get a bud on a stick sort of thing.

Sounds great and good work on seedsman Hey, not bad at all...

Cheers Wi-fi. I'm looking forward to learning the art of autos.

Pfft.. A/C and water chillers are overrated. I've done several years of RDWC without either in SEQ. Just keep the buckets on cool cement, have air intake drawing in from a cool shaded area, and run the lights at night. If you put in the effort and figure out the the advantages and disadvantages of your grow area, you can minimise most potential problems that may arise.

I've only ever shut down twice, because of a couple of harsh Summers where I could no longer manage the heat, and then it was only for a couple of months. That said, I'd be fucked with my current location for about 4 months of the year, but I'm outdoors then anyway.

But now we're in Winter and the Mars light, you'd probably find you may need heating before the month is done, Fungi. :D

Thanks Indy. I reckon you're right and I could get a bit more creative. Maybe putting the heater and dehuey up above canopy level (they're near the floor atm) to keep it cooler at floor level. I have insulation under the tent to keep it warm so concrete isn't a real option. I could try to draw the cool intake air around the bucket a bit too, somehow. A bit more fungineering/playing god with defenseless plants is in order me thinks.

Like you, I reckon my garage is only an 8 month/yr option. Sweltering in there during summer. We've had a warm autumn so there's been a few hot "nights" in tent lately. Hasn't had a notable effect on the old ex-backyard girl I have been flowering though. I'll have to grow hard this year to get myself a nice summer stash. I hope you're wrong about the heating though we do get down to below zero here a few nights a year, so I'll keep my eye on it. Cheers.

I'll mention it because I believe it works wonders and so do many people o/seas, but if you can get your hands on some Z7 from the states and use in your reservoir, it will help keep the rot away in the warmer times.

Wrapping ya buckets can assist in keeping them cool too. Refelective bubble wrap or even in styrophome boxes if you can get some that fit well.

Good luck mate.