Nutrients

Yeah I suppose I'll just go in and see what she has. Why the extra calmag? I looked at the Manutec one I'm using and it already contains these minerals. Do cannabis plants need more during growth and flowering than what is already in the nutrient?

Sort of.... Sometimes.....Hahaha.

Water can be hard or soft. Hard water contains a higher quantity of dissolved minerals, such as calcium and magnesium.

Brisbane tap water for example has 20ppm of calcium and 10ppm of magnesium. This is considered soft. It runs at .2 ec consistently.

Loosely ............100ppm Ca and 40ppm Mg is needed in a cannabis hydro setup.

Hmmm.

So who needs it and how much do I need?

Well..........Canna Coco for example recommends mixing with tap water. A light canna feed with brissie tap doesn’t cut the custard in supplying enough of the micro nutrients to all plants .............prolly need some.

Heavy feeders, anything over 1.2ec ..........prolly not.

It’s good fun working it all out. Any quality brand will still need to be learned and tweeked for a few grows I’m guessing.

Look up “Lucas formula”. Can definitely get in depth on what a hydro plant actually needs when it comes to salts.

• Upvote 2

What I can gather is the Lucas formula is based on using the products from general hydroponics. Instead of using the 3 parts you just use Micro and Bloom at his recommended dosage? Considering I already have growth nutrients I wish to use up I am probably better off waiting until I'm finished using up these products then trying the formula from the get go when growing. Would I be correct in saying this?

Sort of.... Sometimes.....Hahaha.

Water can be hard or soft. Hard water contains a higher quantity of dissolved minerals, such as calcium and magnesium.

Brisbane tap water for example has 20ppm of calcium and 10ppm of magnesium. This is considered soft. It runs at .2 ec consistently.

Loosely ............100ppm Ca and 40ppm Mg is needed in a cannabis hydro setup.

Hmmm.

So who needs it and how much do I need?

Well..........Canna Coco for example recommends mixing with tap water. A light canna feed with brissie tap doesn’t cut the custard in supplying enough of the micro nutrients to all plants .............prolly need some.

Heavy feeders, anything over 1.2ec ..........prolly not.

It’s good fun working it all out. Any quality brand will still need to be learned and tweeked for a few grows I’m guessing.

Look up “Lucas formula”. Can definitely get in depth on what a hydro plant actually needs when it comes to salts.

Hey evatil, it’s great u talking up the benefits of organic grows, but Max’s grow is hydroponic so the advice u gave him is useless, he Needs hydroponic solutions

I certainly wouldn’t be recommending Bunnings range to anybody especially when it comes to hydroponics!

Max SE may be the 1 to talk to about growing in perlite/vermiculite as I think he just finished 1

For coco I think coco specific nutrients are the go, this is what I get my best results with

During flower I have tried a few different things,and what works best for me is

1 pk 13/14 from onset of flower in conjunction with coco A+B

I also use a couple of supplements all the way through as well

Crystallic n bud boost from a company in Melbourne called nutrifield

About week 5 or 6 I had PK heavy - 1 application only , added to the rest of solutions

I feed right up until the first flush

This method gets me big tight juicy buds n plenty of them

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Well, true. I liked the look of General Hydroponics or Professor's Nutrients when I was having a look at hydro nutrients. Seems like more bang for the buck. Canna's range is cool, too.

I guess it really depends on what you're willing to pay for.

Bunnings has stuff for low prices. It's a company that stocks a tonne of shit for a cheaper price than anywhere else. Bunnings is great... as long as you know what you're looking for and you know what you want it to do...

-- "Man only plays when he is in the fullest sense of the word a human being, and he is only fully a human being when he plays."

I beg to differ.. Bunnings is shit, right across their stores. It's because of them it's damn near impossible to buy any quality hardware in the country these days. Unfortunately dumbarse's dictate the market, as they usually go for the cheapest item and only use it once or twice, or until it shits itself. These sort of customers plays the game exactly how these big mobs like it where it see's them coming back to spend more $$$ on shit.

Sorry for the rant.. But you may detect I'm not a fan of Bunnings.

• Upvote 2

I beg to differ.. Bunnings is shit, right across their stores. It's because of them it's damn near impossible to buy any quality hardware in the country these days. Unfortunately dumbarse's dictate the market, as they usually go for the cheapest item and only use it once or twice, or until it shits itself. These sort of customers plays the game exactly how these big mobs like it where it see's them coming back to spend more $$$ on shit.

Well said indy, completely agree with ya

Speaking from a tradie point of view if you know what you need as far as tools go and what brand then you can get them in Bunnings but never ask the staff, they tend to get confused easily.

Some of thier premium soil mixes and seedraising mix they stock is good. Just takes a bit of reading to make sure it has whats needed in it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Speaking from a tradie point of view if you know what you need as far as tools go and what brand then you can get them in Bunnings but never ask the staff, they tend to get confused easily.

Some of thier premium soil mixes and seedraising mix they stock is good. Just takes a bit of reading to make sure it has whats needed in it.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Too right, Doll! You should give the Gogo Juice a go next time you have $10 to chuck at it. A little goes a long way [emoji6] [emoji108]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I can, Indy, we are definitely able to agree to disagree. I'm not a tradesman, but I am a bit of a handywoman.

Have a good day, darlin', doing whatever you do well. X

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app