DIY LED light kits

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60740789345/Meijiu-FOTOP-600H-2-full-spectrum.html?spm=a2706.8301176.prew843968.2.3943293efKajQg#show_specifications

Hi guys,

I'm really interested in learning about LEDs and there potentials but costs of pre fab units have been so astronomical i have found i have had to stick within my means and use what I have before (hps) etc.

What is like to eventually achieve is a lighting system that has same out put as 2 x 1k hps but have the benefits of lower wattage and temps. I can dream right.

These kits i found searching the net for a decent kit and i ound a thread on another place (wasnt sure if it was appropriate to post link to another forum) which the guy made some of these and had pretty good results

I have seen some of the DIY builds on here and they look great - apparently these put outgood results.

Any help or advice on this would be great.

Thanks

https://m.alibaba.com/product/60740789345/Meijiu-FOTOP-600H-2-full-spectrum.html?spm=a2706.8301176.prew843968.2.3943293efKajQg#show_specifications

Hi guys,

I'm really interested in learning about LEDs and there potentials but costs of pre fab units have been so astronomical i have found i have had to stick within my means and use what I have before (hps) etc.

What is like to eventually achieve is a lighting system that has same out put as 2 x 1k hps but have the benefits of lower wattage and temps. I can dream right.

These kits i found searching the net for a decent kit and i ound a thread on another place (wasnt sure if it was appropriate to post link to another forum) which the guy made some of these and had pretty good results

I have seen some of the DIY builds on here and they look great - apparently these put outgood results.

Any help or advice on this would be great.

Thanks

ali baba sells cheap knock off’s. You definitely won’t be getting what you pay for, especially considering English is a second-ninth language. The chances that you get what you think your getting aren’t high. But if it’s knock offs ya want then it’s awesome. ;)

And before I go. I’d suggest looking into tunkers DYI led build. It’s getting fantastic results. Might be a little more then you want to spend but if your looking to future proof your setup then that’s where the smart money is.

Well actually $388 USD works out to be around the same price as what mine cost to build.... Only running from a 480H instead of 600H driver but nonetheless, I have more confidence in the one I made then an advertised one on Ali baba. Only my own opinion obviously. Would like to know if it works out well [emoji106]

Well actually $388 USD works out to be around the same price as what mine cost to build.... Only running from a 480H instead of 600H driver but nonetheless, I have more confidence in the one I made then an advertised one on Ali baba. Only my own opinion obviously. Would like to know if it works out well [emoji106]

bigger driver = more chooch factor. More options?

bigger driver = more chooch factor. More options?

I mean he could do the same as my light and add another couple strips, and use a 600H driver. Would probably come out around $650 at a guess. 6 f series strips is 1728 diodes... The 2 800 boards is 1600 diodes...

Would all depend how much area wi fi is covering I guess

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah I'm not too worried in regards to it being a "knock off" etc.

Majority of parts are made / assembled in China already so i am just looking at options.

No I don't believe its a Samsung genuine but from what I ha ve researched they seemed to be quite efficient.

I will definitely loo k into tunkers diy build as I'm really interested in these.

I'd like to cover an area of approx 2mtr by 3 mtr if not more so if i can keep my costs down but build an efficient system ill be chuffed.

Haha im looking forward to you getting those last 2 strips and running that bad boy at its full potential [emoji16][emoji16][emoji6] but i agree with dog and tunks, definitely do not source led parts from alibaba they are knock offs [emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk