sloppy, lazy, basic first time growing

hi all! i've been cruising the site for a long time since i started smoking, not posting much but glad the community exists.

since i started smoking and finding seeds in my chop i've been lazily attempting to germinate the seeds, sometimes i'd put them in paper towel but most of the time i'd just shove them into the dampest bit of the garden bed and see what happens.

until recently i've never had a result, i finally after all these years of lazy germination have a little seedling growing nicely in a jar on the window sill with the bottom of a plastic bottle with some holes in it.

it happened so fast after the seed sprouted in the tissue paper i was very surprised even after reading up about it possibly taking 10 hours haha.

I do not know if the seed is male or female...

I am personally not extremely invested in this plant, so far i haven't spent any money or put myself out too much for it, i would love to get some buds out of it if it is female (but to be honest i won't be crushed if it turns out to be male).

I love how technical growers can get with their setups, controlling the nutrients and light for their plants during different phases, i truly love it, however, I'm just unable to get in that deep.

the only elements i can really play with i feel is the soil and using the sun as lighting.

i have a bag of sugar cane mulch, dynamic lifter (chicken poo) and sheep manure left over from the gardening we've already been doing. i'm also growing my own mushrooms! i'm growing lions mane, pink oysters, tan oysters and johnny utah oysters.

would these be good ingredients for a "super soil" i read a couple of recipes here and on other sites and i feel like mixing these together might make a sort of super soil that would work well (in the case of the mushrooms it would be the left over mycelium after fruiting.

and from what i can tell, the soil we've got going on in our new garden bed is pretty decent.

thoughts?

in way of sun i have a south facing window on the garage i would not be opposed to sticking the plant in. also i would be okay i think to stick it in a part of the garden if it would be beneficial.

watering is not an issue, i spray my mushrooms down pretty much every day and look after the garden already

i'm excited!

post-53935-0-33539700-1524799322_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluepiggytails
  • Upvote 2

soil mix sounds good, major issues atm is time of yr, the plant will mature very fast at a small size so wont give much yield and if it gets very cold results will get worse than that. from the sounds of your post putting it in the ground in a couple of weeks time will be the best bet, you dont need that dome around the top of it either, and keep it in full sunlight from now on to

hey thanks so much for your responses, it means a lot.

it was hard to write this up without sounding like an arse, i am genuinely interested in the growing process, its fascinating and pretty amazing, its just not something i'm able to or prepared to get fully stuck into.

i'll let him/her grow in my jar for another couple of weeks we reckon? then plant them in our new garden bed. i'll come back to this thread with updates :)

should go fine, as said full sunlight, and only water it well once maybe twice a wk for now, in approx 2 wks the jar should be full of roots which will make the replant easier and less damaging for it. reason for the full sunlight is once it grows a bit it well become very thin tall and sickly if left on the window

I moved it out of the jar straight after my last post, it was glass and had no drainage, rookie mistake but it's still good, very long and thin like you said but alive.

just gave a water, are there any tells of sex? its been cool seeing it grow and follow the sun

post-53935-0-60748000-1525133617_thumb.jpg

Edited by bluepiggytails

I moved it out of the jar straight after my last post, it was glass and had no drainage, rookie mistake but it's still good, very long and thin like you said but alive.

just gave a water, are there any tells of sex? its been cool seeing it grow and follow the sun

No sexing at this early stage, probably in a month or so it will sex due to light hours. Well drained soil, not to rich. No idea about your soil, looks like garden variety dirt. Some vermiculite will aid drainage, airation and water retention. You should be good. Water every few days unless medium dries out in this time. Also be on the look out for bugs. This early and your baby is an overnight snack.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Edited by ShitsNGiggles

sex wont show for a month or so in the current light period, top it up with dryish dirt if it is long and thin help it stay upright