importance of sleep , Joe Rogan Experience #1109 - Matthew Walker

hmmm it is interesting stuff itchy and over the last few months ive had a huge loss of sleep so i really relate to some of what there talking about especially delirium, unfortunately its just that time of year and its either sleep or lose buds, id like to say il catch up on sleep later but you never really catch it up do you, once its gone its lost forever, thanks it certainly get you thinking, well best you can with minimal sleep lol, cheers itchy

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Sleep deprivation is a part of my awesome work life. Shift work and long travel times limit the amount of sleep I can get and it definitely catches up with you. Often you're only just starting to feel normal and its time to go back to work even though I have 4-5 days off. My sleep patterns on days off are all fucked up too.

Shift work sucks. Had to do it for three months once. Management wanted to teach another slacker a lesson who held the similar position as myself. Not sure why, as the writing was on the wall for this bloke.

But yeah, for someone like myself that usually gets by on 4-5 hours a day. Shift work could possibly catch up with you. Psychologically, tolerance and energy levels all took a hit from my experience over that time.

Would not recommend rotating shift work to anyone.

Shift work sucks. Had to do it for three months once. Management wanted to teach another slacker a lesson who held the similar position as myself. Not sure why, as the writing was on the wall for this bloke.

But yeah, for someone like myself that usually gets by on 4-5 hours a day. Shift work could possibly catch up with you. Psychologically, tolerance and energy levels all took a hit from my experience over that time.

Would not recommend rotating shift work to anyone.

4 to 5 hrs = you could be one of the 1% that has a gene that lets you survive on 5hrs with no negatives 

interesting about decreasing light intensity & body temp to get you to be ready to sleep , which means you can control when to sleep to a degree

also interesting in regards to us stoners & dreaming while awake , any you guys notice this , dreaming while awake 

funny , sleep more & live longer  

Sleep deprivation is a part of my awesome work life. Shift work and long travel times limit the amount of sleep I can get and it definitely catches up with you. Often you're only just starting to feel normal and its time to go back to work even though I have 4-5 days off. My sleep patterns on days off are all fucked up too.

based on what that guy said , you might , if poss of cause , see if you can move to daytime shift 

hmmm it is interesting stuff itchy and over the last few months ive had a huge loss of sleep so i really relate to some of what there talking about especially delirium, unfortunately its just that time of year and its either sleep or lose buds, id like to say il catch up on sleep later but you never really catch it up do you, once its gone its lost forever, thanks it certainly get you thinking, well best you can with minimal sleep lol, cheers itchy

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

i guess sometimes we just have to make sleep happen , but yeah we're all in the same trim boat this time of year  

i remember watching an interview with tonight show host & comedian Steve Vizard years ago 

he was talking about his kids go to bed at 7:30pm every night so him & his wife could have some quite 

time & go to bed early as well , at the time my thinking was , those poor kids = no fun & him & his wife 

were tripping , looks like they were spot on 

4 to 5 hrs = you could be one of the 1% that has a gene that lets you survive on 5hrs with no negatives

Could be, mate. It may sound like bugger all, but I am fortunate because it's quality sleep. I go out quick and it's deep sleep. But if I'm disturbed/woken in that time I can't get back to sleep.

What I've found over the last few months is I'm getting better sleep yet again with Ambient Sleep Music playing in the background.

using canna to sleep is not that great for us & neither is having electronic equipment in the bedroom , tv's , phones , clock radios

because of the light emitting but also because of the magnetic field created by devices 

from what that guy said sounds like control temp & light an hour or so B4 you want to go to bed = body hacking 

in fact there was a house they mentioned on the news the other night that was up for sale that was completely environmentally controlled 

& did exactly that , decreased light & temp in the house once close to a set bed time , preparing you for sleep