need some direction

Bosco

Question

During my late teens and 20's i used pot recreationally. After about a 10 year gap i tried it again, this time i lost my shite....to this day i never understood what happened. I had smoked pot 100's of times before, however, this one time may years later almost made me lose my mind.

Would love to hear some theories from some experts. 

Could it have been laced?(i am not sure if that's a thing)

Could i have overdone it? (My method of delivery was a bucket bong, remember first bong in 10 years)

The reason i need to know this, is i have severe lower back issues, and have tried every opiate, norspan, targin, fentanyl, oxy, endone, tramadol, toradol. etc.....nothing even touches the pain. I have even had the nerves burnt in my back, which gave no relief.

I am very ignorant in this area and i am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I am not looking to be stoned, i just want some pain relief and to be able to function relatively normal. I don't know anything about oils nor the preferred strains for my needs. I do know that i don't want something that takes the edge of, it has to really pack a punch otherwise it's not worth it.

I hope i have been clear.

regards

Woohoo! Good stuff Bosco. You said you had a light over them right? Now she's broke surface try to give her as much light as you can (18hrs if possible) and just watch it's growth behaviour to adjust where your light should be. If it starts stretching you know to bring it closer, if the leaves start heading the opposite direction or have some discoloration you may be too close.

My Completed Journals

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/77531-Tunkers-Tinkering---2017-Time-to-get-perpetual

here is one i planted yesterday, got kind of a brownish colour about it and it is still holding onto the seed casing...is that ok?

IMG 20180627 002243

sry really blurry
Edited by Bosco

Woohoo! Good stuff Bosco. You said you had a light over them right? Now she's broke surface try to give her as much light as you can (18hrs if possible) and just watch it's growth behaviour to adjust where your light should be. If it starts stretching you know to bring it closer, if the leaves start heading the opposite direction or have some discoloration you may be too close.

My Completed Journals

https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/index.php?/topic/77531-Tunkers-Tinkering---2017-Time-to-get-perpetual

I guess what i want to know is, do these look ok?

These cardboard type of thiings that they are growing in...are they ok? and how and when do i take them out of it and put into something bigger?

Couple of things, stop watering them. They look super duper wet in the pic. You want the taproot to be digging into the pot for water. If it doesn't need to the plant won't get a root structure it needs. Also gnat friendly environment and they'll go to town on what little root zone you have.

Secondly, try bringing the light closer to those that have sprouted, they look to be stretching a bit which will give you dramas keeping them upright. If possible, fill the pots with some dry potting mix maybe to help with some of the stretch and keep gnats at Bay. Maybe someone else has feedback for you, or will disagree, but that's what I'd do

Edited by Tunkers

Couple of things, stop watering them. They look super duper wet in the pic. You want the taproot to be digging into the pot for water. If it doesn't need to the plant won't get a root structure it needs. Also gnat friendly environment and they'll go to town on what little root zone you have.

Secondly, try bringing the light closer to those that have sprouted, they look to be stretching a bit which will give you dramas keeping them upright. If possible, fill the pots with some dry potting mix maybe to help with some of the stretch and keep gnats at Bay. Maybe someone else has feedback for you, or will disagree, but that's what I'd do

roger that, i have been watering them about 4 times a day so i will give that a break.

^^^^ solid advise go with it and yeah lay off the watering, it’s easier to water if they are under watered then to dry out if they are overwatered. I feel they tend to enjoy slightly drier soil too in my experience anyway

I know what you mean...it reminds me of the times when i have attempted to grow vegies and it's been a stinking hot day and they are a little droopy, then i would give them some water and just like magic before your eyes they would recover.

I know what you mean...it reminds me of the times when i have attempted to grow vegies and it's been a stinking hot day and they are a little droopy, then i would give them some water and just like magic before your eyes they would recover.

Weed is no different to other plants mate. Actually you'd be surprised how much of a beatdown they'll take. Trust me lolol treat em mean and keep em green haha

Usually you dont take them out of the cardboard pot. You just plant it into the next pot. You can take them out but sometimes it can result in root damage as the grow into or stick to the cardboard. I have used them before, they are ok but I prefer the little black pot of about the same size. I would wait until you see a couple of sets of true leaves and take it from there. 1-2 weeks from now before you will need to pot up at a guess, time will tell.

I went away from those cardboard pots (jiffy pots I think they are called) as I thought it slowed the plants down waiting for the roots to break through and the pot to break down. It could have been other factors but a large, strong rootball is what you want, as early on as possible for best results. You flip earlier, which means buds earlier.

Usually you dont take them out of the cardboard pot. You just plant it into the next pot. You can take them out but sometimes it can result in root damage as the grow into or stick to the cardboard. I have used them before, they are ok but I prefer the little black pot of about the same size. I would wait until you see a couple of sets of true leaves and take it from there. 1-2 weeks from now before you will need to pot up at a guess, time will tell.

I went away from those cardboard pots (jiffy pots I think they are called) as I thought it slowed the plants down waiting for the roots to break through and the pot to break down. It could have been other factors but a large, strong rootball is what you want, as early on as possible for best results. You flip earlier, which means buds earlier.

cheers El Gato will remember that for next grow.