Search for GOOD enclosed 315 reflectors and info

It's been some time, and I really am not well enough to do this, but if I want to stick around I have to grow again.  I've been reading up and I want to go with CMH 315s.

I've never used 315s before, though I've done lots of reading about them (and other lighting). I understand that once in a while when they burn out, they can just shatter (bang ... and it is raining glass) hence my desire to have a pane of glass between the girls and an unfortunate shattering lamp. Glass on the green is bad - no do.

I have a room divided into two main spaces. Each is : 2.1 meters high, 2 meters deep, 1.5 meters across. A wooden frame surrounds each area with panda film.

I intend to do continual growth, all organic probiotic in soil (health issues). Of course it is veg in one area and flower in the other. I intend to scrog, with a grid frame attached to each sip. This ought to keep us in pain meds. Also I have to treat this bone marrow cancer & then there is my wife who has worse health than I do. Hospitals suck ass. I have become very familiar with a few.

So I'm looking for some good *enclosed* 315 reflectors and the other needed gear (or hell, even a kit so I can skip the DIY assembly from parts) preferably something that can be daisy chained, so I can put two of them in each area without as many ballasts.

So, who makes good enclosed reflectors that work with 315s?
Who makes a good compatible ballast?

The "Super Sun 150mm Air-Cooled Reflector by Sunlight Supply" looks good but I can't find them in OZ.

Also any info on the differences in tech from my old days of "ancient HPS, open reflectors and crappy (weight a ton) magnetic ballasts would be also appreciated.

And I would rather spend more $money$ on items that last, than cheap items that die.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Mate I wish you all the best with your health. Your rooms sound like a decent size, my personal experience with all the new Hi Par 315 w lights hasn't been good - bought the first with the ballast in the hood all in one said to be the best, lasted all of 6 days, not only did the globe shatter but the hood refused to work when taken back to the shop?!

So was replaced with ano ther different brand and style and nothing but light issues etc. I ended up buying a digital ballast 600w and a hps globe and using that and haven't had an issue since.

My personal experience is stick with the tried and true whilst taking advantage of certain newer innovations such as hoods etc / digital ballasts etc.

You can pick up decent shades with duct ports on either end and a plane of glass so you can air cool it - it's a horizontal white powder coated hood.

Good luck with everything mate ✌

Are any of the hi-par reflectors enclosed? I went to their primary web site and none of them are listed as being enclosed, which I consider an important part of choosing. For instance, the Super Sun by Sunlight Supply is enclosed, so if you pop a lamp the girls are not showered in glass.

Edited by PainMan

Are any of the hi-par reflectors enclosed? I went to their primary web site and none of them are listed as being enclosed, which I consider an important part of choosing. For instance, the Super Sun by Sunlight Supply is enclosed, so if you pop a lamp the girls are not showered in glass.

only the Duo reflector. https://www.hi-par-horticulture.com/products

you can use an adapter in any single socket vented hood to run your lec  https://www.hydroexperts.com.au/Hi-Par-315w-Lamp-Conversion-Adapter-to-suit-Reflectors-with-E40-Socket

Have you ran them with both 315?

Still happy with the duo?

so far so good.

very happy with how the way the lec has performed.

havnt ran 2x 315lec.

315 for veg,

400hps + 315lec for flower. better light spectrum..... Photons and all that lol lol

but the 10k globe is collecting dust,

will all the other useless shit I have foolish fallen victim to with there hype n BS lol

so far so good.

very happy with how the way the lec has performed.

havnt ran 2x 315lec.

315 for veg,

400hps + 315lec for flower. better light spectrum..... Photons and all that lol lol

but the 10k globe is collecting dust,

will all the other useless shit I have foolish fallen victim to with there hype n BS lol

I’m jumping on your bandwagon there dots.

Got me a 600w Hps so doing a 315w x 600w in my own dungeon style hood