Questions about carbon filters

It doesn't matter either way, you can pull or push air through a carbon filter. Though I was of the impression the outer sock was a pre-filter to prolong the life of the filter from clogging up with dust and shit when drawing air through it. First time I've heard of this charcoal theory though.

Nice combo nonetheless, Bushy. :good:

Edited by Indycar

^^^ Just confirmed this ^^^

Vape, if the CFM of the fan is greater than what the carbon filter is rated to then the effectiveness of odor elimination is reduced. The filter must be rated to a higher CFM than the fan.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hi. I have a 150mm x 500mm filter not sure of rating.. but ive been running it constantly for more than 5 years. I pull air through at 560cfm at 100% (fan speed controller) i run a 440cfm inline on the intake as extra flow when temps go up. (Temp controlled )

If i turn down my exhaust fan.. in flower to keep temps stable.. i start to smell my grow..at the exhaust. .. turn it back up and the smell goes. The filter seems to perform better at a higher cfm.

Im no expert.. but thats what works for me.

Hope you find a solution.