Questions about carbon filters

Hi bakedhoven.

In my experience. You need to match the rating on the filter with the fan cfm. You need your fan @ max to match your filters rating.

That filter rating is not a maximum.

Your filter will under perform if its not getting the cfm its rated at.

318 vs 330.. you have a little to play with with some duct.. ducting reduces cfm. Fyi.

Hope this helps..

Vape.

I'm only new to this, but I am pretty sure you're a little mixed up, but I will double check. What I thought is that if your fan is exhausting at 550 CFM and you have a filter rated to 318 PPM, your filter will not be able to successfully eliminate all of the carbon being pushed/pulled through it.

If what your saying was true, then there would be no need to buy higher CFM rated filters.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I always came to the conclusion that it didn't matter about the fan size it just couldn't possibly pass the cfm of the filter

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

My thoughts exactly Duffman.

^^^ Just confirmed this ^^^

Vape, if the CFM of the fan is greater than what the carbon filter is rated to then the effectiveness of odor elimination is reduced. The filter must be rated to a higher CFM than the fan.

My hydro shop guy recons if you grow non stop should last about 5 yrs, I’ve had mine 5 yrs and it’s still going fine ...fdfbf058e8dac75bf17584a97d6009c9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shit, that's better than what I thought. I guess he would know working in a hydro shop. Is your filter pulling air from inside your grow room or is it having air pushed through it?

Shit, that's better than what I thought. I guess he would know working in a hydro shop. Is your filter pulling air from inside your grow room or is it having air pushed through it?

It’s having air pushed threw it , draws air from the black tent on the left and pulls it threw the silencer and pushes threw carbon filter

Mind you my carbon filter is very big but I never stop growing

Currently growing Sour Chiesel

Edited by Bushwacked74

It’s having air pushed threw it , draws air from the black tent on the left and pulls it threw the silencer and pushes threw carbon filter

Mind you my carbon filter is very big but I never stop growing

I'm going to run mine from inside the tent, purely because my brother (who is a fridge mechanic) told me that pulling air is more efficient than pushing it. He also said "What's the point of having a pre-filter sock on the outside if it's not pulling air through it first dickhead" [emoji23]

lol bush i think he was quoting what his brother says to him lol. Dont think he was calling you a dickhead [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] but yeah even tho hes a noob he has a point , carbon filters are designed to pull dirty air through the prefilter and then the filter, not push air out.... but if it works who cares lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Edited by dr.argon
  • Upvote 1

lol maybe he was maybe he wasn’t haha ,either way no need to be rude, we are all here learning and sharing, My carbon filter would weigh very close to 40 kg plus weight of silenceer and fan ,absolutely no chance of mounting that to any thing other than a solid brick or steal structure, who says there designed to have air flow only go one way ? I have no room I my tent even if I could hang it [emoji23] my grows tend to get out of control from time to time, anyway it works fine the way it is and has done for 5 yrs

It catches the charcoal dust fuck head [emoji12] try using your brain before shooting your mouth .. and it is pulling the air threw 4 Meters of ducting dick head [emoji23]

lol, chill mate. Wasn't calling you a dickhead. Was purely quoting my brother talking to me.

lol maybe he was maybe he wasn’t haha ,either way no need to be rude, we are all here learning and sharing, My carbon filter would weigh very close to 40 kg plus weight of silenceer and fan ,absolutely no chance of mounting that to any thing other than a solid brick or steal structure, who says there designed to have air flow only go one way ? I have no room I my tent even if I could hang it [emoji23] my grows tend to get out of control from time to time, anyway it works fine the way it is and has done for 5 yrs

That's a fair point. If it works, it works man [emoji1360]