Questions about carbon filters

I just bought a 150mm x 300mm Phresh carbon filter for my grow tent. The filter is rated to 318 CFM and my exhaust runs at a maximum of 330 CFM, but I run it on the lowest setting anyway so I'm sure the filter will be able to keep up with it.

My questions are:

1. Do carbon filters wear out based on how much they are used or do they wear out regardless of if they're being used or not?

2. How long or how many grows does it take before they don't work anymore?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Since no one else has popped a comment in...... carbon filters become clogged with the dirt they filter out. So not so much a used by as a noticed loss of performance from your fan.

I have a 150mm phresh setup and was reading that some only wash the white sock every 4-5 grows.

Sorry I can’t offer better info.

Since no one else has popped a comment in...... carbon filters become clogged with the dirt they filter out. So not so much a used by as a noticed loss of performance from your fan.

I have a 150mm phresh setup and was reading that some only wash the white sock every 4-5 grows.

Sorry I can’t offer better info.

That's all good man. I'm just wondering whether the carbon deactivates over time basically... My best guess is that it would, but I'm wondering over how long.

My carbon filter is about 8 years old, is quite large and I cant remember the brand, possibly a Can filter. Still going strong after all these years. I cant smell it outside my tent but can smell it strong if I turn the fan off for a while, its quite noticeable in my shed.

Fuck me! I've read most people get a new one every year, if not every grow! I guess if you're not to worried about other people smelling it, then who cares... But I live in a rental.

Fuck me! I've read most people get a new one every year, if not every grow! I guess if you're not to worried about other people smelling it, then who cares... But I live in a rental.

Yeah I thought they should be changed every couple of years. No complaints, I used to grow close to my neighbours place and all was good. Nothing was said and we had many people over who dont know I grow and nothing was said, so it must have worked. Now I live far enough away from people nothing bothers me but like to exhaust through it still incase of any visitors.

I just bought a 150mm x 300mm Phresh carbon filter for my grow tent. The filter is rated to 318 CFM and my exhaust runs at a maximum of 330 CFM, but I run it on the lowest setting anyway so I'm sure the filter will be able to keep up with it.

My questions are:

1. Do carbon filters wear out based on how much they are used or do they wear out regardless of if they're being used or not?

2. How long or how many grows does it take before they don't work anymore?

Hi bakedhoven.

In my experience. You need to match the rating on the filter with the fan cfm. You need your fan @ max to match your filters rating.

That filter rating is not a maximum.

Your filter will under perform if its not getting the cfm its rated at.

318 vs 330.. you have a little to play with with some duct.. ducting reduces cfm. Fyi.

Hope this helps..

Vape.