Greens announce national plan to legalise cannabis.

The war against legalising cannabis is a war that Govt and Big Pharma cannot afford to lose.

If we get sick, we now MUST be at the mercy of Big Pharma and Govt revenue to get some medicine that "cures" us...never mind the attendant damage to our genomes, the bug is flattened.

Can you imagine cooking up an antibiotic in your kitchen ?????...no, neither can I. But to grow a few cannabis plants on your windowsill and get all of the medical benefits, especially with the huge range of modern varieties available, is a no-brainer with all the expertise around these days to help you do it successfully.....and where is the Pharma profit and Govt revenue in that.......??.

When we consider the untold mountain of damage, mayhem and evil that is derived from the legally available drug...alcohol....how come it is not MORE illegal than cannabis and MORE pursued by the bogies....its because the Big Brewers have Political clout, and the revenue is irresistible to Govt....cannabis does not have that kind of influence...yet.

Maybe one day 

Edited by Heliman
  • Upvote 1

The whole , it's not as bad as alc argument shits me

Saying something should be legalised because X worse than Y and X is legal is not an argument that would be considered in a debate

Also it's blatantly obvious it's an attempted vote grab but who cares

I want it legalised for recreation along with the other 55% of the country and in a representative democracy we should have legislation pass on what the majority of Australians want

The part where they want to stay away from big business and focus more.on growing small businesses for recreational cannbis is a great idea too ..... A little naieve but a great.idea

• Upvote 1

I'd be happy enough if it was regulated like alcohol is. I can brew my own beer for example, but if I wanted to sell it I would have to be licensed. That's fair enough. Otherwise I could sell mouldy bud, or product with pesticide residue, e.t.c. Needs to be regulated so kids aren't allowed to buy it. It would be great to live in a world without regulation but there are just too many who would abuse it, like there are now in the black market. People who buy cannabis deserve to get a good quality product that doesn't harm. Also whether you like it or not we live in a capitalist economy that requires you to pay tax if you sell a product.

Would be interested to see the detail. Does this even allow home grown? Do they even have a proposed legislation yet?

Won't sway my vote as I vote Greens anyway.

The best thing about it would be no one would unjustly go to jail anymore.

Edited by freddie
  • Upvote 2

That is a grown up and logical way of looking at it imo Freddie

Plain packaging should be scrapped for it but

If they want small business to get on it they need branding like.small brewers do to promote the business

Edited by Brim

FFS,we got some reds under the bed here, some of you people are nuts, open borders and free drugs for all hey, soros will be rapt, we could all GET UP

fuck i might vote green, we could round up all the white stnuc and send them home, make Australia black again

meant great again not black

Here, here!