Growing with red cfl

that bloke used a 24w

Yeah, but just because your CFL is 3 times more powerful, doesn't mean that you'll get 3 times the yield he did. CFL's have no light penetration and don't provide much of a spectrum. But like I said man. Stick to what you want to do and why you want to do it. If your budget doesn't allow you to get a better setup than so be it, but IMO, I would have waited until I could afford a better setup, otherwise you're just wasting seeds and the opportunity for great yields and awesome buds. But get a diary going man... Put Serrated and I to shame and show us we were wrong, haha. Good luck brother [emoji1591]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Yeah, but just because your CFL is 3 times more powerful, doesn't mean that you'll get 3 times the yield he did. CFL's have no light penetration and don't provide much of a spectrum. But like I said man. Stick to what you want to do and why you want to do it. If your budget doesn't allow you to get a better setup than so be it, but IMO, I would have waited until I could afford a better setup, otherwise you're just wasting seeds and the opportunity for great yields and awesome buds. But get a diary going man... Put Serrated and I to shame and show us we were wrong, haha. Good luck brother [emoji1591]

thanks dude! ill make sure to get a diary going and just a curious quick question, how much yield % increase would you say a hps has over a cfl

thanks dude! ill make sure to get a diary going and just a curious quick question, how much yield % increase would you say a hps has over a cfl

I can't answer that question with exact figures because I'm still on my first grow and I'm using LEDs, but based on what I've seen... Shitloads. They provide a broader spectrum of light for planta to use nd are also way more intense which means more light penetration = better quantity and quality. To see the difference, check out some diaries and do some Google research.

Edited by Bakedhoven