Bunnings Nutrients Information

There are many different ways to skin a cat and almost all the advice given here has been useful to some degree. However, the thread called for items purchased from Bunnings and I registered with this forum purely to help where possible. For a lot of people with limited ability, knowledge, experience, resources, security and time this is the best they can purchase within their means. And on a basic beginner level in home gardening $50 worth of various nutrients (that are proven to be highly effective and can be used across the entire home garden) from the local hardware store is the best some punters could ask for.

I wish I had this list when I started out. Horticulture is no simple topic. While I still use liquid potash in the garden I have started collecting banana peels, egg shells for calcium, local cow manure for nitrogen, coco coir for all its soiless benefits, etc. It's all a learning experience and it would ignorant to believe that there is only one effective way to grow high yielding/healthy fruit, vegetables, flowers and medicine.

Also, I did mean Eco Neem. My apologies for the confusion.

I agree with you (Don Logan). Terpene profile aside you can grow pot that will sit most people on their arse with a $7 pack of thrive. All the bullshit about not being able to use bunnings soil/topfeed mixes does nothing but confuse new growers and increase their chances of fucking up.

Have you had a look at the npk value lists (npk of all things etc)? There's discrepancies between them but they're good enough to get a rough value, some also indicate fast medium or slow. Of interest to me are the values of skins for potash, orange, cantalope, etc. Does anyone make their own potash?

Bunnings topsoil mix, dynamic lifter, liquid potash, easy peasy.

post-63483-0-86962400-1530274408_thumb.jpg

Tend to a agree, anything to get a beginner on their way to growing a crop to harvest can only be a good thing. If that includes starting off with a quality potting mix with slow release release ferts in it, so be it. Then once they get a grow or two under their belts, it'd then probably be worthwhile to upping their game and mixing their own blends, and experimenting with nutes/ferts/concoctions of their choice.

Growing doesn't need to be over complicated to get the desired results.

• Upvote 1

There are many different ways to skin a cat and almost all the advice given here has been useful to some degree. However, the thread called for items purchased from Bunnings and I registered with this forum purely to help where possible. For a lot of people with limited ability, knowledge, experience, resources, security and time this is the best they can purchase within their means. And on a basic beginner level in home gardening $50 worth of various nutrients (that are proven to be highly effective and can be used across the entire home garden) from the local hardware store is the best some punters could ask for.

I wish I had this list when I started out. Horticulture is no simple topic. While I still use liquid potash in the garden I have started collecting banana peels, egg shells for calcium, local cow manure for nitrogen, coco coir for all its soiless benefits, etc. It's all a learning experience and it would ignorant to believe that there is only one effective way to grow high yielding/healthy fruit, vegetables, flowers and medicine.

Also, I did mean Eco Neem. My apologies for the confusion.

Eggshells don't provide calcium. Your better off with dolomite or even fermented tea made from plants previously listed. Eggshells are like sand, indeed sand is millions of crushed sea shells, pure silica in a non bio available form.

Volcanic ash rock is a good source of trace elements, crush it well and use with vermiculite.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Bunning's good soil with nutrients did ok for me and their seed raising mix works great. When you don't know where to start and people are advising so many different things it starts sounding like you need a uni degree to understand a trip to Bunnings can be a relaxing break and fun

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

I was in bunnings the other day and found a bottle of eco-aminogro. It has 17 amino acids , 6 vitamins, calcium, magnesium and a whole lot more goodies and all for 20 dollars. It is also 1 litre. Its a quarter of what i usually pay at the hydro shop. It also works very quickly

aminogro = amino acids (protein hydrolysatebuilding blocks 

also works like fulvic acid for enhance nutrient uptake , like when you add something else to the solution with fish amino acids

like kelp or aloe for instance , best source is fish but a lill better soy bean ( edamame ) meal has all the L Amino's we want 

caution Soy Bean = one of the biggest GMO crops in the world = know your source or ask lots of questions 

from the ECO website 

eco-aminogro is a registered organic liquid fertiliser which promotes healthy plant growth resulting in

more flowers and tastier fruit. Derived from digested marine waste it is packed full of nutrients, vitamins

and amino acids that plants absorb very quickly. eco-aminogro is safe for all plants including natives.

Features:

• rapidly absorbed by plants either as a foliar spray or when watered into the soil
  • feeds plants with a complete mix of essential nutrients, amino acids and vitamins
  • increases fruit and vegetable size and quantity
  • improves taste of fruit and produce
  • enhances flower colours
  • produces strong healthy plant growth less susceptible to pest and disease attack
  • safe for natives
  • also feeds soil microbes to help build healthier soils
  • Registered Organic (Australian Organic)
  • Upvote 1