Bunnings Nutrients Information

Can i ask you a question? How do you want to grow? If your tight on money and want to grow cheap using KISS then go that way. If your good at reading instruction and measuring go with solutions. Most everyone on here grows a bit differently. As a newbie its very easy to start double guessing what you decide on because we read so much about so many different things that people do that work. It can be really head fukin some days. If in doubt just take baby steps ie first get babies to sprout, then into good quality soil with premix fertiliser in it allready. As your grow progresses then add pics and ask for advice.

Something i read here once made alot of sense.. its a weed that grows wild...

Thanks for your reply, mate. That's a good question, and encouraged me to think for a moment.

I am attentive to detail and following instructions clearly, I just thought there may be potential to simplify the entirety of the feeding/watering process, and was interested in discussion around that. You're right that the amount of information (especially given how different the retail markets are between Australia and the rest of the world) can mean an overload of information.

I am just going to go with my original plan, which was to grow in Canna Terra soil, with Canna nutrients. Once I finish a harvest I can explore learning more about freestyle solutions, because I recognise that a lot of people in this community have years of experience, and that knowledge comes with making mistakes and learning from them.

I hope some people are able to learn from this thread, and that it will contain useful information for now, and the future.

When you are feeding nutrients to the plant (aka hydroponics -- water or growing in a SOILLESS medium -- i.e. straight coco) you can have more control over what your plant picks up.

When you are growing in SOIL, you feed the nutrients into the soil and your plant picks up what it needs as it needs it because if you have a good soil that has healthy microbial life in it your microbial life will feed your plant for you. Give the soil a boost of microbial life with Gogo Juice (can get it from Bunnings. Full of good shit for root health, too.) Chuck in some Powerfeed at the recommended feeding if you are growing in soil with very little in the way of naturally occurring nutrients to feed soil life. You can grow in ANY bagged soil with organic-based fertilizers Otherwise, watch your plant and let it tell you what it needs by observing it.

You can literally grow in $2.00 bagged dirt as long as you add the right things. Look up what organic growing entails, how organic based liquid fertilizer works in soil, and draw your own conclusion.

You don't need bell and whistles and brand names. I was literally of that opinion up until a month ago. It's a plant that grows in nature. Canna hasn't been running round the forest filling holes containing cannabis with their soil and nutrients.

Learn how the plant grows, learn how nutrients work in soil, how they work in soilless and hydroponic mediums. Trust me, I'll save you a fortune and get you thinking about everything differently. Don't focus on how to pump shit into the plant to get the biggest buds. You give it the right conditions, that'll take care of itself.

• Upvote 1

I use eco aminogrow from bunnings instead of expensive amino products from the hydro shop. It only costs $20 and has 17 amino and6 vitamins and it is the shit.

good choice 

amino acid , building blocks 

ever used it as a foliar 

can also be used like a fulvic acid & help with up take of other things 

like using it with aloe vera or kelp 

So aminogrow, aloe and kelp. Is it all good to use all when cloning ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

i personally wouldn’t see an issue with it, I generally drop a little bit of kelp meal in the clone hole of the soil. Don’t use anything else no humidity dome, hormones just cut plug and light water every few days.

• Upvote 1

So aminogrow, aloe and kelp. Is it all good to use all when cloning ?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

generally i don't use fulvic or an amino for clones but ya could i guess 

i've used a lill EM-1 when cloning that's about it , best for cloning , take cuts from a really healthy mum 

from clackamas coot 

Both kelp meal and aloe vera juice contain the 3 main rooting compounds found in retail products but of course they're synthetic versions and this will be straight from the plant - salicylic acid (SA), indole-3-acetic acid (IAA) and indole-3-butyric acid (IBA) which are probably in the rooting compound you have.  

The one that you will find in retail products that is not part of this is Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NAA) which is also used as a pesticide approved by EPA, i.e. it's a registered agricultural-grade pesticide.