Armour Series LEC/CMH Fixture - 315W | + Philips 315W 930 CDM Elite La

Hey guys n girls been looking at setting up a 1.2*1.2*2 tent. I looked into led but I just don't think my budget will buy me what I'm after so onto other ideas. Just wondering what peoples thoughts are with above. My plan is to have 4 ladies under it scrog. It's a bit nerve racking with all the oprions out there 5e7fa32daa4dae344df07d699e6d4a47.jpg

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

i have a dpap cmh 315 with a philips bulb and really like the set up.

it is a little different to the one in the photo, as the bulb sits horizontally and the reflector throws light out in a more rectangular footprint. i think for your square tent that the armour series should work well. the only thing i would do a bit more research on though is the actual footprint of the light ... the dpap works really well in a 1.2 x 0.6 space (8 square feet). I've read that similar lec squarish reflectors (with vertical lamps) to the armour series (like the old sun system, phantom and greenbeam ones) usually have an effective footprint of 0.9 x 0.9m (about 9 square feet).

I've used my dpap in a 1m x 1m x 2m space and reckon it was just enough light - even with the rectangular footprint, but reckon a 1.2 x 1.2m might be just a tad too big for it (around 16 square feet).

personally, if you haven't bought your tent yet, but are set on the lec light ... I would think about the possibility of buying a 1m x 1m x 2m tent and scrog with two plants. i use soil in 50 litre smart pots (2/3rds full) though, so this might be a bit different to your grow set up. :)

Edited by pug1010

i was looking at the double socket  Armour series

but gave it a miss, they havnt been round for a long time, way cheaper then hipar and sol sence which rang alarm bells as chinese made stuff.(i could be wrong, i have been once before lol) this was just my gut feeling.

i have brought a hipar double socket, 1x socket for CMH and 1x socket HPS vented hood

running a 400w hps and a 315w cmh https://www.hi-par-horticulture.com/duo-cmh-hps-reflector

https://www.hi-par-horticulture.com/315w-cmh-control-ballast

i have brought a plenty of unknown/cheap growing equipment, that sits in a pile in my shed

spend a couple $$ more and buy well known quality branded , you will be saving a lotta $$ in the long run.

• Upvote 1

i have a dpap cmh 315 with a philips bulb and really like the set up.

it is a little different to the one in the photo, as the bulb sits horizontally and the reflector throws light out in a more rectangular footprint. i think for your square tent that the armour series should work well. the only thing i would do a bit more research on though is the actual footprint of the light ... the dpap works really well in a 1.2 x 0.6 space (8 square feet). I've read that similar lec squarish reflectors (with vertical lamps) to the armour series (like the old sun system, phantom and greenbeam ones) usually have an effective footprint of 0.9 x 0.9m (about 9 square feet).

I've used my dpap in a 1m x 1m x 2m space and reckon it was just enough light - even with the rectangular footprint, but reckon a 1.2 x 1.2m might be just a tad too big for it (around 16 square feet).

personally, if you haven't bought your tent yet, but are set on the lec light ... I would think about the possibility of buying a 1m x 1m x 2m tent and scrog with two plants. i use soil in 50 litre smart pots (2/3rds full) though, so this might be a bit different to your grow set up. :)

Appreciate the reply mate any recommendations for a 1.2 tent

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Appreciate the reply mate any recommendations for a 1.2 tent

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hi shorty :)

I reckon Curing's hipar light sounds great ... gives you lots of options and a wide spectrum with the lec and hps working together.

I'm guessing a 600w hps would also suit your 1.2m tent, but depending on your cash situation, you could even go for 630w of cmh. stanley beamish did a great grow diary a while ago starting in a 2.4 m tent using 2 x lec 315w ... great results and a great grower. he later bought a double dpap (630w) and swore by it. if interested, it makes for a really interesting read: https://cannabis.community.forums.ozstoners.com/topic/75320-stans-big-bash-with-new-lights/