Ive tried various different ways of flushing over the years then , started using AN flawless finish. They make some pretty out there claims as to what it can do.... only thing ive found, it makes the pot taste so much better than just flushing with tap water [emoji16]bf50d4a74a8e2123931ec234bb656edb.jpgaf5c3bc2d96407a48a797c7d6ac16734.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

In soil, I've usually gone a similar route as evatil. Tend to keep nutes to a minimum, and plants only ever really got a hit of nutes every 3rd or 4th watering, and each watering happened every 5 to 7 days or when required. Another rule of thumb I've gone by, is no nutes or pesticides a month out from harvest. Just water alone for that period.

Indoors, in a RDWC setup. I'd flush for the last 10-14 days.

Why? What's the science behind my method? There is none, just shit I've got accustomed to over the years. :D

Go organic! What even are a flush? Lolol.

OK, so here's my process

I'm growing full hydro, in perlite/clayballs in a recirc setup. I grow 12/12 for 12 to 13 weeks.

The 'old skool' method for harvest used to be 'when the white hairs turn brown, she's done' BUT things have become a bit more refined by using a scope and checking the trichome colour.

BUT, if you leave her a bit longer the bud swells internally as a new set of white hairs develop inside, burst forth and then brown off again. Now I allow this process to occur 3 times. The additional maturity is WELL worth the wait(and weight) IMO.

I grow for my own medical needs (brain tumour)and that additional time gives my smoke an exquisite taste and effect. And the hash from leaving it those extra few weeks is ripper.

I NEED a nice clean smoke so I flush mine with straight water for 4-5 days to dissolve the build up of salts, flooding the entire pot daily to be sure that all of the salts within the entire medium have an opportunity to disslove. This makes the resulting smoke much smoother. I have found that if I start my flush before the plant has reached the maturity level I require, the plant halts its maturing process. So now I wait until the third browning has fully occurred before I start the final flush.

So that's my processes. There is no science behind my method, it has been a case of trial and error over the years and for me to get the results I require this process works a treat. I have found that if I flush (no nutes) for longer than a week the plant starts to decline as its using its own goodness to sustain itself and the smoke ends up having a 'throat burn' to it.

Hope it helps

Merl1n

Edited by merl1n
  • Upvote 1

Go organic! What even are a flush? Lolol.

For sure, if I was planting straight into the prepped plot in the ground, or in 200L-400L Pots or grow bags like they do in California.

But I've been pissin' around with 7L-10L pots for a couple years now, and using crap like Seasol, PK 13/14 and/or Liquid Potash. So it seems they need something to give em a kick along considering the size of pots.

Edited by Indycar
  • Upvote 1

For sure, if I was planting straight into the prepped plot in the ground, or in 200L-400L Pots or grow bags like they do in California.

But I've been pissin' around with 7L-10L pots for a couple years now, and using crap like Seasol, PK 13/14 and/or Liquid Potash. So it seems they need something to give em a kick along considering the size of pots.

Try starting with a 20 litre pots [emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app