Hi all. I'm coming to the end of my first successful grow and need a point in the right direction. The girls have been 9 weeks since flip now and, being bag seed, I have no indication of how long they flower for. I am waiting on loupe in the mail for a definitive view of the trichs but have an app on my phone which can zoom in close enough to see that almost all have gone milky and the odd one or two are amber. My question is not when to harvest, but when to start flushing? and will the flushing process cause the trich ripening to speed up some? I'm worried that if i flush too early I will lose yield but too late and i will end up with plenty of CBN and not enough thc...

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Would depend on the medium and the nutrients used, I'd imagine. I grew with very little added nutrients for the time I had my plant, flushed once a couple days ago with water, have only been giving water, and did another flush this morning before doing an emergency budectomy because of some rot and bugs. They were pretty well ready too. Water that ran off was quite clean so it didn't look like there was much if anything left behind.

Sorry I can't help more. If you provide some details about what medium you're growing in and whether you used organic, organic-based, or synthetic nutrients, I'm sure someone round here will be able to help you out. Good luck! Hope you'll come back and give us an update.

Edited by evatil

Certainly not overwater a plant I was getting ready to harvest, that’s all u would be doing imo

Wouldn’t it be better to starve if of water to build up trich count , then harvest after a period of darkness

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Not sure, is that what you do?? Thanks for the info.

After adding additional nites like NPK during veg and flower I’ve flushed once for its weekly main water, as weather is turning bad and mould is setting in.. if I can hold out till next Saturday I’ll harvest then

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

In soil, I've usually gone a similar route as evatil. Tend to keep nutes to a minimum, and plants only ever really got a hit of nutes every 3rd or 4th watering, and each watering happened every 5 to 7 days or when required. Another rule of thumb I've gone by, is no nutes or pesticides a month out from harvest. Just water alone for that period.

Indoors, in a RDWC setup. I'd flush for the last 10-14 days.

Why? What's the science behind my method? There is none, just shit I've got accustomed to over the years. :D