Second round of planting.

Got myself a nice delivery a couple days ago of a Blue Cush Auto and a Green Crack Auto. Blue Cush interested me because of the fast growing period, Green Crack was just a cool name with some pretty awesome benefits to it to tailor to me for a daytime smoke that will kick my arse into gear instead of just medicating with indica dominants of a night time to put me to sleep.

Chucked them into shot glasses the day I got them to start the germination process and see if they were good seeds or not. They both floated. Gently gave them a little push a few hours later and they sunk straight up. Left them there overnight and planted them into an equal part mix of perlite/peat moss/osmocote seed raising mix which was in a larger sized peat pot. Put a little dusting of Great White into the seed hole and then lightly covered them with peat moss. Stuck them into my propagation dome.

They popped up yesterday and are getting some window sill light today.

post-63203-152306448907_thumb.jpg

Now here's where shit gets weird and shows why you cannot work in harmony with kids lol. I also dropped an OG Kush photo seed. The seed sunk as soon as it was dropped into the water. Wrote it off as a fucked seed but thought I'd plant it up anyway and see if it kicked off. After seeing the auto's pots with sprouts and the OG pot still empty, this morning, I figured it really was stuffed.

Kid #1 saw me taking the auto seedlings out of the prop dome and getting ready to tip out the soil in the OG pot to put it with the soil mix I'm rigging up to plant some veggie seeds.

"Hey Mum..." *lookin nervous*

"... Yeah...?"

"I gotta tell ya something... don't get cross."

"Depends what you're gonna tell me, dude. But I'll try not to."

"Umm, so, I was having a look at your little pots yesterday and I picked one up and I dropped it... I fixed it and put the dirt back in, though."

"How much dirt came out when you dropped it, bro?"

"Like, all of it. I'm really sorry..."

"That's cool. You probably picked the best one to do it to. Looks like you need your own seedlings to muck around with."

So I pour out the pot onto some newspaper and start gently sifting trying to find the seed, and I'll be fucked! There's a seedling that was buried too deep, but the taproot is huge and healthy. Figured I'll just gently replant it and stick it back into the dome and see how she goes.

post-63203-152306538071_thumb.jpeg

Will be an interesting experiment lol.

Kids and I are gonna go plant up our first veggie seeds ever -- cucumbers, roma tomatoes and mixed lettuce. Should keep the little busy fingers away from Mum's plants. Fingers crossed!

nothing better than getting kids into growing the food they eat

growing starts off as quite the accomplishment & moves on to second nature

both of those are really good , now & in the future

good food comes from the ground not the supermarket

Oh, they are so keen, Uncle Itch lol. Seriously, my 8 yr old son just sat there absolutely enthralled by being told why nature is green. lol I love it so much. I'm tryin to raise me some well adjusted dudes and dudettes that won't contribute to the scum of society and will do their best to help renew the earth by planting in it. I'd love that. Ever grown corn, Goog? Apparently we have corn and sunflowers on the growing list, my daughter tells me. While I'm at it, I might as well grow some beans and peas so they can grow on the corn stalks. Nitrogen here, vine support there. You already know it lol.

Oh, they are so keen, Uncle Itch lol. Seriously, my 8 yr old son just sat there absolutely enthralled by being told why nature is green. lol I love it so much. I'm tryin to raise me some well adjusted dudes and dudettes that won't contribute to the scum of society and will do their best to help renew the earth by planting in it. I'd love that. Ever grown corn, Goog? Apparently we have corn and sunflowers on the growing list, my daughter tells me. While I'm at it, I might as well grow some beans and peas so they can grow on the corn stalks. Nitrogen here, vine support there. You already know it lol.

i think they'll be right , judging by there mum :)

Great news.. I'm a Yantra fan. Mind you i tend to hate waiting so that might play a part but so far 100% from all seeds.

We're twins, Doll lol. I'm the exact same, hate the wait! I've filled my spots now. Another month and I'm thinking of giving ilgm a go. Like their packs and guarantees on delivery and germ plus replacements.