New grow in a 5x5 (1.5 meter by 1.5 meter) tent, all sound good?

use them for veg ,,,my advice is to then replace them with a 600w HPS. It'll give you time to have the money for the HPS.

Two of those viperspectra leds won't give full coverage in flower

A magnetic ballast ,globe and shade should be well less than two hundred dollars.

But will easily cover itself in the extra yield you'd get

No Billy not enough coverage even with two

That's exactly what I do with my lights. Got viparspectra too.

MLG

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I was given two 600 Watt Viparspectra panels courtesy of a friend. He had used smaller ones before and gotten great yields.

They will do the job i had one 600 vip over 4 autos that love the full blue range they produce but you may want to swap to hps or upgrade to better leds before flower to pack more density into the nugs.

They will do the job i had one 600 vip over 4 autos that love the full blue range they produce but you may want to swap to hps or upgrade to better leds before flower to pack more density into the nugs.

Thanks for your input/time. Glad the light was working well for you. I'll be running photoperiod plants (Sensi Seeds Super Skunk). I plan to introduce a red-focused LED COB into the tent (maybe two) during flower to encourage extra density.

Coco is easy. You do need a TDS and PH meter though. If you have big pots you can get away not watering for a while.

For automated watering, I've got a 40L box filled with water and nutes, 2 aquarium pumps hooked up to bunnings tubing and hydro halos. Even when I'm home I let it run automatically so I have confidence of it working when I'm away.

MLG

I'd love to set up a system like yours in the future. Are there any resources you'd recommend in terms of learning the math behind understanding how much flow, nutrients, water, etc., is required for one? Cheers.

Apologies for posting to myself twice in a row. Short and sweet update: seeds arrived today (thanks, Attitude Seeds!) and I got a bunch of bonus beans which will come in handy for future. I am considering reducing my grow size from 1.5 x 1.5 to a slightly smaller 1.2 x 1.2.

By my math, 1.5 x 1.5 would have given me ~48 watts of power, whereas the downgrade in tent size to 1.2 x 1.2 will give me 75. I will focus on canopy development, and be sure to manage light proximity to the plants and their goodness as it grows over time.

Wish me luck, I am hoping to produce a grow journal given that this is my first experience.

attachicon.gif20180405_032844

And still streching

Nice work. You're right, 5x5 would probably be better.

Get the bigger tent, save upgrading later, you don’t have to fill it and you will likely appreciate a little extra room when you veg a bit too long  lol

What strains and freebies did ya get ?

Fair call. It could come in handy for later grows. Thank you for your ongoing help.

I ordered 10 Super Skunk seeds from Sensi (was advised it was tolerant for new growers, with decent yields if grown well), and got a bunch of feminised seeds for free: mostly keen for the White Widow seed they threw in, as well as the AK-47 strain.