How long until I'm harvesting?

well , i get SAR systemic acquired resistance , you can get from using aloe to trigger a plant response to get ready for battle with bugs 

i think something that could do that kind of damage to a plant ( nail , stem ) would be something the plant saw as a lill to powerful to defend against

weather the plant go's into some sort of defense mode from that or it just takes away from other plant processors to repair damage , i'm not sure 

I'm all the way down for the 48 hours complete darkness before harvest after reading a bit on it, but yeah, but skeptical on the nail through the stalk method. As you said, Porky, Itchy knows his stuff. I attribute my current grow's success to Itchy, his advice and knowledge is absolutely invaluable and he could tell me to grow in a pile of pig shit and I'd listen to him lol. Would be good if Bogan dropped in to give us some insight into the nail in the stem.

my mind says extra dark makes not allot of diff but , one , i've never tried it to really know , & 2 , lots of well respected growers seem to do it

don't think i've red any science to back the idea , again not saying it's BS at all & def worth a go 

but like many things some will do it for the sake of keeping up with the joneses 

i can't see any negatives to a longer dark cycle , be nice to have 2 clones to AB test , def worth the effort to try it  

the nail thing , well , there's lots of evidence showing plants being abused early in life from attack ( chooks ) , coming back to produce large yields 

the bending & knuckling up of branches seems to have a similar effect to yield as well 

the nail , based on the above could have a positive effect , i'd generally stick to things that i could try to mimic from the natural environment 

like pulling shade leaves to open the plant up for better light penetration , i will break the leaf stem in the middle & not at the base on the stem 

like i feel a bigger animal would do if having much on leaves , i also see it as a lesser repair in the middle of the stem , than up against main branches

or flower sites 

plus i'm not sure you'd want interrupt the vascular highway in a plant by driving a nail into it , although the knuckling above is doing the same just

not as close to the source entry point , to each there own 

my mind says extra dark makes not allot of diff but , one , i've never tried it to really know , & 2 , lots of well respected growers seem to do it

don't think i've red any science to back the idea , again not saying it's BS at all & def worth a go

but like many things some will do it for the sake of keeping up with the joneses

i can't see any negatives to a longer dark cycle , be nice to have 2 clones to AB test , def worth the effort to try it

the nail thing , well , there's lots of evidence showing plants being abused early in life from attack ( chooks ) , coming back to produce large yields

the bending & knuckling up of branches seems to have a similar effect to yield as well

the nail , based on the above could have a positive effect , i'd generally stick to things that i could try to mimic from the natural environment

like pulling shade leaves to open the plant up for better light penetration , i will break the leaf stem in the middle & not at the base on the stem

like i feel a bigger animal would do if having much on leaves , i also see it as a lesser repair in the middle of the stem , than up against main branches

or flower sites

plus i'm not sure you'd want interrupt the vascular highway in a plant by driving a nail into it , although the knuckling above is doing the same just

not as close to the source entry point , to each there own

Fair call, Goog. Might give the nail a miss, but will give the darkness a go. Don't have anything to compare it to, but I'll still give it a go. Could it maybe be something like light and heat causing the trichomes a bit of grief? Maybe darkness and cooler temps helps with retaining as many trichs as possible. Idk.

Anyway, this chick has had her last feed of 1/2 strength nutrients (green powerfeed and manutec potash) followed it up with a mix of coconut water, gogo juice and worm tea. She will only be scoring water from here on out. She's sitting under cover with sunlight coming in on her and she smells like lemony heaven! A beautiful 26° and sunny today with a top of 30. Not a cloud in the sky, but plenty of choppers and planes. They're doing flyovers near the bush near me where a lot of the locals grow. It's bloody ridiculous the amount of them, but, tis the season! Have heard a lot of dirt bikes going at night time lol. Here's hoping they get their stuff before the cops do.

Will be giving the trichs a quick look in with the loupe each day and waiting for the harvest window I want.

yep that's exactly how it works i think , heat & light , just don't think it needs more than a single night cycle for restoration , again just an opinion 

gotta say it's been a vintage year here , very lill rain , low to mid twenties , just starting to get a bit of fog in the mornings but otherwise the first

year in some time i've been able to just let them do there thing , without playing chicken with the weather 

glad they ain't do'in fly overs round here 

yep that's exactly how it works i think , heat & light , just don't think it needs more than a single night cycle for restoration , again just an opinion

gotta say it's been a vintage year here , very lill rain , low to mid twenties , just starting to get a bit of fog in the mornings but otherwise the first

year in some time i've been able to just let them do there thing , without playing chicken with the weather

glad they ain't do'in fly overs round here

Heyyy! Look at me having a learn and grasping concepts lol. I haven't had the pleasure of growing all year but I reckon it was good here too, judging by how much mowing and weeding I had to do. Got real dry with 45° temps for a couple days in a row, though. Had some scorched patches on my lawn where my shadehouse is gonna be getting built. I might come out with some corkers if this season coming is anything like this one. Town water hook up, heaps of sun, shadecloth to break up that sunlight intensity and insulated roots from being in the ground. Hopefully this time next year I'll be able to have put all your advice into practice and will have buds that will make you proud lol.

I'm glad my plants are so tiny they wouldn't be able to see them [emoji23] weird thing to be grateful for, but there it is. They can get as big as they want when they have a proper home!