How long until I'm harvesting?

That's a new one Kloud. Spose it makes sense. Throw it in the dark for 48 hours with damage it can't repair and it really would start thinking it's dying and pushing everything from the inside out, trying to suck up all the goodness in the roots through undamaged channels but knowing it's gonna die anyway, would be pushing out more nutrients into it's flowers. Maybe. Had a sarvo sesh with a mate so I could just be rambling shit. Nothin new lol.

That's a new one Kloud. Spose it makes sense. Throw it in the dark for 48 hours with damage it can't repair and it really would start thinking it's dying and pushing everything from the inside out, trying to suck up all the goodness in the roots through undamaged channels but knowing it's gonna die anyway, would be pushing out more nutrients into it's flowers. Maybe. Had a sarvo sesh with a mate so I could just be rambling shit. Nothin new lol.

Make sense right, got this idea from bogan, be good to hear bogan on this one ☝️ [emoji106]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Yeah, Bogan, where you at? Has he done a post on it at all?

What do you mean, xtro? Doesn't make the buds grow faster or anything, just pushes the resin out of the plant by making the plant think it's dying. There are heaps of post all over the net about doing a 48 hour dark period before harvest. If the plant thinks it's dying, it'll push plant reserves to it's buds because the buds are the best way to ensure they live on, that's where they grow their seeds when they're pollenated by a male. It would try and push everything it had into the buds because that's how their genetics go on, I guess. Obviously their genetics doesn't go on when you're talking non-pollenated females, but because it grows just to produce these flowers, all the remaining nutrients and resin it's holding onto would go to sustaining what are essentially their sex organs.

That's just my theory that I've thrown together with a few theories of others that I've read.

not saying it does or doesnt but there is a million diff theories floating around on things to do. at the same time im also a sceptic of flushing, around that there is also a million theories, i cut at night and get the buds chopped totally off every branch as from my understanding the bad shit is in the stems at night. 

the idea in darkness was spose to be the plants nutrients return to the roots in darkness

im unsure there is much resin inside the stem that could end up in the buds, nutrients certainly in leaves and stem, but will it produce trichomes on mass in that dark period? buggered if i know

• Upvote 1

When i plant again in September ill be putting 4 afhgani purples. If i rember and thats a big if ill do a comparison with 2 of them. Ill try choose 2 the closest and give the dark and nail treatment and just flush the other and see if the yield and quality of the smoke differ. Someone remind me around harvest time if yous rember to hahaha

When i plant again in September ill be putting 4 afhgani purples. If i rember and thats a big if ill do a comparison with 2 of them. Ill try choose 2 the closest and give the dark and nail treatment and just flush the other and see if the yield and quality of the smoke differ. Someone remind me around harvest time if yous rember to hahaha

I'll try to remind ya mate. I'm keen to see results too

I'll put a reminder in to remind myself to remind you to remember what you wanted to be reminded of... lol. Would love to see a comparison, though

canna at night replenishes what the sun & heat degraded in the triscombe heads during the day

i've never tried a longer dark cycle B4 harvest cos i reckon the diff , if any , would be minimal

worth a try i guess but you'd really need clones to test

the ol rusty nail myth

Since time immemorial, gardeners having been adding rusty nails to the soil at the foot of their plants.

By this trick of magic, they expect:

Blue spruces to be bluer;

Hydrangea to bloom better and/or have bluer flowers;

Fruit trees to produce more;

Oaks suffering from chlorosis (yellow leaves) to green up;

Plants to profit from an iron supplement;

Alkaline soils to become more acid;

And probably dozens of other effects.

And none of the above are true.

It’s easy enough  to understand the basic concept behind this myth. If a nail rusts,

it’s because it contains iron and iron is one of the minerals that plants need to grow.

And once people understand that iron is essential to plant growth, imaginations run wild.

The problem is that the iron produced by rusty nails is iron oxide, an essentially insoluble compound.

And since it is insoluble, its iron won’t be absorbed by plants. even if you fill the ground with rusty nails,

it changes nothing for the plants nearby… but it does put you at risk of tetanus should ever scratch

yourself on a rusty nail when you garden in that sector.

continue reading here https://laidbackgardener.blog/2015/08/26/the-rusty-nail-myth/

Harvest in the morning B4 sun & heat warms up , cooler the better , terpenes gas off at all kinds of temps 

terpenes are part of what a plant is replenishing during the night , harvesting late in the day does not let those 

terpenes replenish  

drying temps are very important to retaining terpenes , keeping temps no higher than 26c will retain allot of terpenes 

keeping in mind some will flash / gas off in the low 20's like monoterpenes , sesquiterpenes handle a lill higher heat 

rule of thumb , if you can smell your plants terpenes in your drying space they are gassing off never to return