How long until I'm harvesting?

you hate that smell huh pedro , i like it but don't drink coffee

this is my point exactly , many strains have thc but only some have that smell " You " would die for

would not surprise me to find out strains you loved the smell of & wanted to smoke all the time

were strains with lower THC levels ,

cannabinoides are the engine but terpenoids are driven the boat

for most strains there should be a smell every time you open a jar , many places to loose it though

drying is the main place to loose terps imho , machine trimming takes all the outside off the plant

leaving the triscombe heads within the bud = you only get a smell when you break the bud open

See? Some good came outta all this. I got to research terpenes and how gentle that are and how good they can stink because of this. Yesterday, I had no idea. Definite smell and taste difference with these ones compared to one I cut from the branch a week ago, hung to dry straight after and then dry trimmed before smoking.

Think I'll be doing it that way from now on and no one is allowed to touch my buds at all unless necessary. And only in emergencies in the final couple of weeks. Banned.

really we're triscombe farmers not green plant material farmers , many in the middle east & India look upon smoking flower as something only peasants do 

many contaminates can be removed via extraction of those triscombe heads , would rather start contaminate free of cause , in saying that use your 

microscope , i have a 100x lill pen job , have a look at your hands , contaminate free ? i think not , & we shovel food in our mouths with these things lol 

it will be a lovely time when we can toddle off to a lab for canna testing , you would be able to use the testing info like football teams use statistics   

had an oz drying in a paper bag for 2 weeks, nicely done now, and after seperating out the small nugs and getting down to the shake in the bottom of the bag, probably half a teaspoon of brown hairs mixed with gritty substance mainly black bug poop on close inspection, for the amount of bug poop i could easily spot a lot has ended up in the shake

really we're triscombe farmers not green plant material farmers , many in the middle east & India look upon smoking flower as something only peasants do

many contaminates can be removed via extraction of those triscombe heads , would rather start contaminate free of cause , in saying that use your

microscope , i have a 100x lill pen job , have a look at your hands , contaminate free ? i think not , & we shovel food in our mouths with these things lol

it will be a lovely time when we can toddle off to a lab for canna testing , you would be able to use the testing info like football teams use statistics

Fair points and interesting facts. However, I do wash my hands before eating and also after going to the toilet and after touching something that more than likely has high levels of contaminants.

They're natural pesticides and fungicides. Just thought I could help others that suffer from asthma and those that medicate their conditions by vaporizing or smoking. Taste and flavour may not wind up being something those with compromised immune systems have to trade off entirely and bud rot could be killed before it spreads. I just thought it was dead leaves on mine until finding a thread on here and realizing I had similar stuff on mine. Luckily, it was already dead because there was little darkness or moisture which feeds bud rot. Moisture alone doesn't cause rot. Drier conditions alone won't kill it either, especially if it's deep in the bud.

Had a bit of experience with sorting out mouldy ceilings in our house with chemicals. Now I'm curious to see if h2o2 kills it while vinegar or lemon with bicarb, removes it. Will wind up finding something mouldy to clean sooner or later once the weeks of endless rain start soon.

It's just interesting to look at treating the symptoms and figuring out if we're as powerless to this part of our growing as we think or if there's some way to combat this naturally as well.

Edited by evatil

i think even if you wash your hands , with a microscope you'll be surprised when you have a look over your hand at what you find 

the struggle is real for people with compromised immune systems , trying to avoid pests , pathogens & chemicals as well 

what about if that taste & flav is the major part of the relief you get from canna , 

Out Compete , use beneficial microorganisms to out compete , we know if you put a few good microorganisms 

in a petri dish with a bunch of bad guys & give them normal conditions the good guys out compete 10 times out of 10 

when conditions change , this is when bad guys can take hold , like flooding in an area , these are not normal conditions 

the good microorganisms are going to struggle , but the moment conditions are getting back to normal so are the good 

microorganisms out competing the bad , if this wasn't part of mother natures plan how would have we survived 

also sound very similar to whats happening in the human microbiome , gut , it's looking like if the microorganisms are 

off in ya gut , you as a whole are off , keep eating shit & you promote not normal conditions in your gut , letting the bad guys flourish

& the good guys struggling to compete 

feed the good bugs & let them keep all in check = Teaming With Microbes , book by Jeff Lowenfels , & any vid you can find on Dr Elaine Ingham = info on the Soil Food Web 

have a watch of this , let plants protect themselves https://youtu.be/ZNVI-ZNNKi4 , think about how did a plant get to a point of a human to find it 

based on what we see in our gardens , no plant should of ever made it past the first generation , so how did they do that = protect themselves B4

we came long 

Edited by itchybromusic

i think even if you wash your hands , with a microscope you'll be surprised when you have a look over your hand at what you find

the struggle is real for people with compromised immune systems , trying to avoid pests , pathogens & chemicals as well

what about if that taste & flav is the major part of the relief you get from canna ,

Out Compete , use beneficial microorganisms to out compete , we know if you put a few good microorganisms

in a petri dish with a bunch of bad guys & give them normal conditions the good guys out compete 10 times out of 10

when conditions change , this is when bad guys can take hold , like flooding in an area , these are not normal conditions

the good microorganisms are going to struggle , but the moment conditions are getting back to normal so are the good

microorganisms out competing the bad , if this wasn't part of mother natures plan how would have we survived

also sound very similar to whats happening in the human microbiome , gut , it's looking like if the microorganisms are

off in ya gut , you as a whole are off , keep eating shit & you promote not normal conditions in your gut , letting the bad guys flourish

& the good guys struggling to compete

feed the good bugs & let them keep all in check = Teaming With Microbes , book by Jeff Lowenfels , & any vid you can find on Dr Elaine Ingham = info on the Soil Food Web

have a watch of this , let plants protect themselves https://youtu.be/ZNVI-ZNNKi4 , think about how did a plant get to a point of a human to find it

based on what we see in our gardens , no plant should of ever made it past the first generation , so how did they do that = protect themselves B4

we came long

You're absolutely right, Goog. Totally agree.

Looking into companion plants that attract the bad to them and away from my plants, as well as plants that will attract ladybugs. Working out my planting plan of defense now lol. It really is like trying to create a perfect little infantry when you are planning what you want in your garden for the plant itself but also it's natural properties. Figuring out where best to place it for maximum effect. So many flowers and fruits and veg that I LOVE are great companion plants, so now I have a list of things to plant that I like, and it's also going to protect the "main" crop.

Yeah I know, still germs after washing and sanitizing, but you wash them. I mean, we don't leave a piece of furniture outside for six months in the elements and then bring it in and eat our dinner off it. Some people do, but that's their lives, I ain't about to judge because I wash shit and they don't. I leave the judging to a far more qualified person than me. I'm just doing my thing, couldn't care what other people are doing for their thing.

I don't want 100% clean on my buds. Hell, I'd just be happy with a bit of dust washed off and lets say a 30% reduction in bug corpses and faeces. Once I start no-till and mulching my pots, I don't expect to really have a need to wash them again as I will be growing them in my own carefully planned out environment with buffers in the form of good bugs and trying to keep the bad bugs outside of the shadehouse and not really caring about my cannabis or fruit and veg because there's other stuff to keep them happy that they'll stay where they are, causing little damage to anything important, before the good guys show up and just eat em. The bad bugs go for your crop more if it's the only plant around and if there's no IPM in place. I know I can't completely freeze out the world outside of my garden, that's stupid to think that, but I can do things to limit bugs shitting on and dying on consumables that are out in the elements. I will wash my fruit and veg if there's noticeable dust on them because I don't want to sully the taste of the fruits and veggies on my palate. I want to do the same things to my buds, but now know I need rain to do that for me.

This plant I harvested smelled absolutely amazing because the terpene production wasn't interrupted by any water touching them, and they got a lot of sun. I didn't know I would screw that up if I washed those terpenes from my buds. Now I do. I just want to see if I can find a happy medium between having great tasting and smelling buds and also a cleaner, healthier smoke until I'm consuming the cannabinoids without the green plant matter (yes, I'm still a pleb, but hopefully not for long!)

Once I have everything happening, I won't worry about the small amounts of airbourne pathogens on what I'm consuming -- I'm not growing in a sterile environment and nor would I want to.

Plants need nature to thrive best, but my plant got lumbered with just me for a while there lol. I did an okay job, I got some buds, I kept it alive when it was completely stuffed, didn't feed it properly because I was still learning and taking information from forums of indoor soilless growers without realizing that at first. Now I'm on the ball with how shit works and how simple it can be and how there's an answer for everything in nature with nature, I'm beginning to figure out how to keep me at a level of happy.

Most organic pesticides and fungicides I can see work by applying oil. What if we could treat our buds with something that won't completely damage or mess up terpene production and won't leave any oily residue, before harvest? What if we could stop the bud rot spreading without picking it out or using oils? I think the h2o2 and lemon and bicarb could work tremendously if used correctly and at the right times.

I don't want it ALL gone, just less because growing conditions weren't ideal with this plant.

But, that's moot now. They're all almost dry now, so now I try and make curing work with no meters to judge it on. I should be fine after reading, now it's time for the doing and the asking if I can't figure it out. I won't get it all perfect the first try but that just means I keep working at it until I do.

Growing anything is hard, growing consumables and trying to limit the amount of shit that can go wrong without man-made quick fixes is difficult, but I'm confident that I can learn and do it. Will take a while to get it all established and working but it CAN work and it can work better.

Not interested in quick fixes that involve man-made synthetic stuff anymore. Prevention and a natural defence and offence is the best method for anything that came from nature.

I'm taking this over into my family's health and development, too. I'm so grateful to be in a community that can advise me on what's best for organic growing and also how to create medicine out of nature if my children fall ill with something science just cannot fix or if it can, it's kept quiet if it can affect profit of big business. That's not a conspiracy, tinfoil hat theory, that's just how this greedy world works.

Things are coming into place rather nicely and I have you especially to thank for that. So, thank you for caring and being patient enough to put me on the right path with your knowledge. You really are gonna be Uncle Itchy whenever the kids ask how I know things now lol. They'll never know or meet Uncle Itchy, but he's done incredible things for them by educating their mum. Your affect on my family has been profound and I want you to treat yourself to something lovely on behalf of us today [emoji173]

Edited by evatil

Looking into companion plants that attract the bad to them and away from my plants , aka Trap Plants & you can also use sent masking plants = lemon/citrus is a natural pesticide 

Yeah I know, still germs after washing and sanitizing , point being we are constantly consuming contaminates & the body is used to it , however it's not to used to modern world contaminates

car fumes , next door building/renovating ect ect ect ,  all about minimization as best we can 

I don't want 100% clean on my buds. Hell, I'd just be happy with a bit of dust washed off  , Phoenix who was mentioned was growing in the red dirt of the Mallee , the amount of shit she got off from washing her buds was full on ,

would have never thought there would be that much red dirt on her buds , all about the pros & consfor her , she chose to clean & sacrifice terps

as i said when you see the water color you understand her choice , i wouldn't do it but if i grew in a place like that , this is a choice i'd have to make

& i'd prob choose the same as she did 

trying to keep the bad bugs outside of the shade house , keep in mind , for every action there's a reaction , closing off a shade/green house to the rest of the environment has a major pit fall when it comes to the Soil Food Web 

By keeping things out = Bad & the good , means someones top dog , outdoors humans are at the top of the chain , all the way down each organism eats the next organism & so on 

once the door is closed the biggest in the chain has no predator , just be aware of the choices being made , might mean having to do extra over here for the choices made here , if U catch my drift 

I will wash my fruit and veg if there's noticeable dust on them because I don't want to sully the taste of the fruits and veggies on my palate , this is def something we all do but in a perfect world i wouldn't wash that apple for instance , back into the microscopic

world , some of the same microorganisms on that piece of fruit are the same microorganisms in your gut , the human gut

& plant root systems share many of the same microorganisms  

but now know I need rain to do that for me. Mmmmmm yeah but i can tell you i have a hoop house for one of the main reasons , to keep the rain off & buds dry 

many have had Caterpillar probs this year , especially those that had a bit of rain , moths love laying eggs

in or around moisture / rain , back to pros & cons , hoop house shelters from the rain but then traps the humidity 

after the rain , perfect world = what's that ?

I didn't know I would screw that up if I washed those terpenes from my buds., that's not the only thing that'll loose you terpenes , high drying temps will loose them as well 

until I'm consuming the cannabinoids without the green plant matter , i still consume plant matter , smoking flower was how i was shown how to smoke , that included tobacco 

old habits are hard to break 

Plants need nature to thrive best, but my plant got lumbered with just me for a while there  lol. I did an okay job , you did a great job , it's def not something you learn over night , it's just hard , we can read info faster than 

​                                                                                                                                                                                    growing plants can match us up with the experience , cause i can tell ya my thinking is constantly evolving 

i've always been a organic grower , but at the start , it was all about the organic bottles , veganics & biocanna  

What if we could treat our buds with something that won't completely damage or mess up terpene production and won't leave any oily residue, before harvest? yep they're called Bugs For Buds & the more we order & complain 

we want smaller packages for our smaller gardens the better https://bugsforbugs.com.au/whats-your-pest/spider-mites/

& i use EM-1 as foliar in veg & soil drench all way though to combat bud rot & PM

i get what your saying with h202 ect , but what are triscombe heads able to absorb ? 

They're all almost dry now, so now I try and make curing work https://youtu.be/1vSfPl-3Q5M & https://youtu.be/ofetbRBHXoc

I'm taking this over into my family's health and development, too., very hard not too , all this effort to grow a beautiful healthy cannabis plant , hang on 

why am i not using the same thinking with my own or families health , very similar 

that's just how this greedy world works. , absolutely but information is information . & you should take it when you get it , of cause any info gathered from anybodies 

good intention / good will , should be checked & not taken as gospel ,

no worries , any time 

pass it forward