Watering, first grow.

the smaller the plant the less water it uses, pots dry out faster than in the ground. in the early stages of a seedling perhaps the first 2 weeks, overwatering- that being non stop wet pot can drown them or cause stem rot, i have tried and found the sprinkle of cinnamon a good thing, i also like to top up around the stem with more soil to support them, not as high as the leaves maybe half finger distance of stem.even overdosed with cinnamon just for interest sake and strong growth continued, once your past 2 weeks espec 3 weeks given all reasonable needs met growth starts to increase quiet a bit and the plant gets stronger.

as for at this stage or any stage for pots i go every 3 days water to drain thru, but mainly go with the lift test to see how much water a pots using, i like the idea of the odd flush esp in smaller size, also warm climate but rarely under 50 humid, i use go go juice as a tea at all stages of growth, double the amount it says on the bott.

as for mulch, id avoid it for small plants, to risky for stem rot- just opinion that

the smaller the plant the less water it uses, pots dry out faster than in the ground. in the early stages of a seedling perhaps the first 2 weeks, overwatering- that being non stop wet pot can drown them or cause stem rot, i have tried and found the sprinkle of cinnamon a good thing, i also like to top up around the stem with more soil to support them, not as high as the leaves maybe half finger distance of stem.even overdosed with cinnamon just for interest sake and strong growth continued, once your past 2 weeks espec 3 weeks given all reasonable needs met growth starts to increase quiet a bit and the plant gets stronger.

as for at this stage or any stage for pots i go every 3 days water to drain thru, but mainly go with the lift test to see how much water a pots using, i like the idea of the odd flush esp in smaller size, also warm climate but rarely under 50 humid, i use go go juice as a tea at all stages of growth, double the amount it says on the bott.

as for mulch, id avoid it for small plants, to risky for stem rot- just opinion that

Cheers for that xtro. Itchy said it'd be cool to do but, yeah, keep it away from stem because of stem rot. Have been doing your method of watering and it seems to be working, just wanted to gauge whether or not I was on the right track or not watering enough at this stage of it's growth.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

with pots theyre in now, deec size, twice a wk watering well is gona be heaps, but from what i can see its a nice mix and there doing well, i dont think your gona run into any trouble, once the plants get to 6-8 weeks or so and leaves going crazy, it can catch you offguard with the extra watering needed, esp if its hot and dry, unlikely at this time of yr thou.

I was watering daily at the beginning of my grow and it was wayyy too much. The leaves were looking a bit droopy... which tricks u into thinking they need more water! Thanks to the ppl here they were able to guide me to ease off watering so much. So now I do it about every second or third day. I just stick my finger into the soil to feel the moisture, and I judge it by the weight of the pot. If we have consecutive days of temps around mid 30’s or higher, I still sometimes water daily if it needs it. But on average it’s every 2nd/3rd day.

I haven’t had droopy leaves since!

P.s. I’m growing in a soil/coco combination and using seasol & powerfeed

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

with pots theyre in now, deec size, twice a wk watering well is gona be heaps, but from what i can see its a nice mix and there doing well, i dont think your gona run into any trouble, once the plants get to 6-8 weeks or so and leaves going crazy, it can catch you offguard with the extra watering needed, esp if its hot and dry, unlikely at this time of yr thou.

I'm looking forward to that day, mate! Was just curious about watering in fabric pots as I'm sure the water drains off and gets evaporated and used up faster than in a plastic pot. Haven't had the leaf droop with overwatering yet and my mix drains REALLY well. Transplanted a plant that begun as a clone and she's picking up really well from a light, every second day water. When I was holding back on the water, she was really droopy so guessing she was a bit thirsty. Just gotta watch and fit their needs as they show them, I guess.

Had the autos doing sunlight every day and then a small LED at night that stopped them stretching off their heads but wasn't enough to be considered a grow light. Got a grow light Sunday, had them getting light 24 hours a day since Sunday night. Actually noticed they weren't growing as well as when they weren't under light of a night. Did a 16/8 last night just for a little experiment and they've grown a lot more and that was after a transplant on one yesterday. Thinking I may stick to giving them a little dark. Heard autos go great under 24/0 and they don't need a dark period but I dunno... could be other factors, too. Maybe they went well last night because they'd had a drink before bed. I know I do, within moderation haha.

Thanks mate. I reckon they're going well, too. Got the medium sorted and the watering. Going to follow guru Itchy's advice and get some coconut water to add to their water. Also gonna go grab myself a bottle of gogo juice today. We'll see what happens!

I was watering daily at the beginning of my grow and it was wayyy too much. The leaves were looking a bit droopy... which tricks u into thinking they need more water! Thanks to the ppl here they were able to guide me to ease off watering so much. So now I do it about every second or third day. I just stick my finger into the soil to feel the moisture, and I judge it by the weight of the pot. If we have consecutive days of temps around mid 30’s or higher, I still sometimes water daily if it needs it. But on average it’s every 2nd/3rd day.

I haven’t had droopy leaves since!

P.s. I’m growing in a soil/coco combination and using seasol & powerfeed

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

It's a bloody head scratcher, sometimes, hey lol. Their leaves droop if they get too much water, their leaves droop if they don't get enough water. Learning a lot about watering with my clone. She's a finicky little thing but she's holding on while I get myself together on learning her needs. It's teaching me a lot about the girl I have in flower and the sprout babies.

This forum is an invaluable source of everything canna-growing. I'm so thankful I found it! I researched the shit out of my medium trying to find something that was beginner friendly and that would help buffer some of my mistakes. Think I've found it, but only time will tell. How are you going with the coco addition to your mix? I wanted to add it into mine but was a little nervous to on my first go. Would love to get into it eventually and cut the peat moss from the mix I have going. Would be neat to get a much more sustainable soil mix so I don't feel guilty about my enviromental impact from using something that took so long to form in nature.

Got a photoseed coming to me next week. OG Kush. Will be my first photo grow so here's hoping I don't fuck it up lol. Will have her outside of a day and under my grow light for 6 hours a night until she starts preflower and I get her as big as I want her before inducing flowering. May miss out on her being able to flower from the daylight hours by a fraction, but that's why I'm going to start researching a grow closet build so I can still force flower through darkness. May fuck up, may not, stay tuned [emoji6]

Have a good day, GG! And again, thanks for helping save my big girl a couple weeks back [emoji18]

• Upvote 1