Problem with Sont-t 600w

Stiritup by the sounds of it what your seeing is light bleaching, i don't know much about the modern universal conversion bulbs but if u are running regular MH and HPS bulbs the HPS has significantly more lumens than the MH and if your MH is worn out and u bang a brand new HPS in there is your problem, once they light bleach there is no recovery u can only veg or rely on new growth to be green some strains are more susceptible to light bleaching as well than others

Hi Gazza.. Thanks for the reply. lol  What happened to my thread haha

Its weird mate.  The Son-t is just a HPS bulb with a spectrum for both veg and flower. I have used them in the past without probs. It does seem like light bleaching, have had it before but i have done a few experiments this time and i am baffled.

So within 12 hours of installing the Son-t the plants got badly bleached.  After moving it over 1m away it didn't improve much and the plants were not recovering.. I put clones in the same tent over 4-5 ft from the son-t and overnight they go very yellow at all new growth.. I return clones to CFL or MH and they recover within a day or two.. I put same clones under regular 600w hps and they are fine.  This light is bleaching my plants at 5ft 

After experimenting for about 12 days hoping they would recover and having shitty sick looking plants i had come to conclusion that the Son-t was not going to work so i put my HPS from the last grow in and within 48 hours the plants were almost totally recovered. Now they look great but i have a brand new Son-t that seems to kill everything. I'm scared to ever put it back in.  This is why i feel it's more than just light bleaching something is not right with this bulb

Do you think it's possible the light if faulty in some way? Have done a lot of research and can't find answers.  I lost one Blue cheese, it didn't wan't to flower so it had to go but i am back on track it seems. Just wish i knew why the Son-t i bought almost ruined me. :)

Edited by Stiritup420

Hey mate i use the phillips son-t 600w bulbs all the time they are awesome.... 75 cm is way to close mate thats 3 inches... you want 8- 10 inches from the canopy at least. If that doesn't fix they problem you may have something else going on.... whats your medium, how often are you feeding , at what strengths (ec) and whats your ph[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hi mate..    75cm not 7.5cm.   i'm getting this problem at any distance even when i introduce a healthy plant 5 ft from the bulb all new growth goes yellow, pale, twisted and droopy overnight.

My medium is soil and it's pure gold.  Feeding every 4-5 days but very little ferts, Half strength every other time.. It's honestly not a  medium or PH problem its something to do with the Son-t because i have fully recovered the plants nearly as fast as it happened simply by swapping the son-t for a regular HPS..  

It's pretty weird. After having a really bad run of luck it seems i buy the one Son-t that kills plants