CBD Oil - Some VERY helpful info and links

merl1n

Question

Hey Aqua,

And I tend to agree with your hubby. CBD does have it's benefits, that I will agree with BUT it is not only CBD that is beneficial. There are a myriad of cannabinoids within GVM that the pharma concoctions exclude. Personally I receive the most benefit when these differing cannabinoids are combined and not used as an individual component. I believe this is part of the problem with the push for cannabinoids being used as medication. The focus seems to be on individual cannabinoids and not the 'entourage effect'. Big pharma wants to make individual meds containing individual cannabinoids, then to receive to entourage effect we have to purchase individual concoctions, again its a racket. More sales of more product equals more profit or more money for big pharma. It's a joke and we pay for it. 

There is a mouth spray that is recommended to be used with cbd oil. It has a small amount of thc in it as well. Going to try the combo next week. I refuse to give up. One day it could be my son with either lukemia or PTSD. Goverment does bugger all. Only real help and advice I've found has been on here. Thank god...
  • Upvote 1

Again Aqua, I agree.

But it's not until our pollies are touched by such a need that they will look at things with a bit more compassion.

Our pollies, of both persuasions(Labor and Liberal) have policies that are so similar, there is very little difference.

BUT the Libs are all for big business and you can't get much bigger than big pharma

In England the pollies had a theory known as "Trickle down economics". In basic terms support business and the profits will trickle down through the economy. This theory has been an abject failure and now the poms are starting to see how much of a failure it was. Supporting big business has simply made the fat cats fatter and kept the poor plebs at the bottom, stuck, at the bottom. This trickle down theory was adopted by many western nations, including the U.S. and their national debt has ballooned. Trump was going to 'drain the swamp' but the debt keeps growing and they keep supporting big business. Turnbull was going to fix Australia's nation debt, but we're still in debt and we're still giving big tax breaks to big business. They still have the idea that trickle down economics works. It doesn't. For years incentives, tax breaks and special grants were given to the auto industry in Australia but when they could see profits over people it all moved to Asia, manufacturing here in Australia is dead. And the same thing is happening with big pharma. All of those incentives, tax breaks and special grants went offshore, not to the people, there was no trickle down. 

One thing I will say about Trump is that his argument about intellectual property and China is a good one. But Australia has an opportunity to do  the same thing with canna, keep the rights to canna here, develop a canna industry here. But our govt is only interested in the 4yrs they are in power and the $$$$$ that can be made today. If they give the canna rights to big pharma they can make big $$$$$ today, tomorrow that'll be another govt's issue, not theirs.

That's the end of the lecture, I'll stop bitchin (for now) lol

Merl1n

Then why don't we get the farming sector on board. Show them the cost affective growing and in turn employment and tax revenue in rural areas. Would also address the residential crisis faced by Australians by moving to rural areas and being able to afford to buy a home. Trickle down effect is a win for everyone. They moved the paper mill over 30 years ago to Albury with tax incentives and breaks. Turned a small town into a city.

30 year ago the policies were all different. Now they want to centralize everything, this means they don't have to expand services and infrastructure outside of the cities. If state govt's don't release more land for housing, there's no room to build. But less buildings means more demand which increases house prices. In turn increased house prices means more stamp duty/taxes for state govts. It's all a vicious circle and it all rotates around the sacred $$$$$$$$$

"Then why don't we get the farming sector on board. Show them the cost affective growing and in turn employment and tax revenue in rural areas."

That's what they did in NSW with rice but the arse fell out of rice 'cos Asia can do it better and cheaper, so now they're changed the area from rice to cotton, another very thirsty crop, but BIG $$$$ to be made from cotton. The environment is screwed because the flooding of the paddocks for rice paddies has raised the water table and pushed the salts to the surface. The area was basically a desert, and sure, in the short term everything was green, $$$$$ was being made, but long term....  .....it's screwed. Govt is only interested in their 4yr term, long term is someone else's problem.

"Trickle down effect is a win for everyone."

That was the pom's theory too, but long term it only sustains the top 20-30%. They make their $$$$$ and move on

Trickle down may work at the top, but the further down you get the less trickle there is. We are talking about money, but another example is the Murray River. QLD and NSW want more of the river's water and every few years the Murray mouth needs to be dredged because there's not enough flow. That 'trickle down' isn't working cos the bigger states are taking more, just like the fat cats of big business. QLD and NSW couldn't care less about the Murray mouth, that's SA's problem in their view. But if the mouth closes up the river dies and no tnuc makes any money, but again that's long term. Has very little impact on the 4yr political cycle.