• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives

Photo

Crossing strains and creating your own

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

ooodog

ooodog

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1440 Posts:
  • Interests:Indoor grows.
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
There’s a fairly recent thread/tutorial that some dude did earlier this year.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

scoob1980

scoob1980

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:None
  • Fav. Lighting: sun
Mother strains will generally overpower the introduced strain in most cases, that’s where strain stability comes into play! The throwback strain is what I tend to try stabilise if possible and have more of an equal mix. Some throwback strains can lead to a straight strain tho as not all throwbacks contain the mixed genetics.
This is just from my own personal experiments over my growing time, different growing methods may have different results compared to mine.
sometimes its just easier to roll a blunt

LOGO FIRMA 250px.png

kloud9

kloud9

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 7002 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic
  • Fav. Lighting: sun

Mother strains will generally overpower the introduced strain in most cases, that’s where strain stability comes into play! The throwback strain is what I tend to try stabilise if possible and have more of an equal mix. Some throwback strains can lead to a straight strain tho as not all throwbacks contain the mixed genetics.
This is just from my own personal experiments over my growing time, different growing methods may have different results compared to mine.

What grow medium do you like to use ? Indoor n outdoor ?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

X strain breeder

X strain breeder

Vegetating

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 Posts:
I'm in soil, I am doing feminising with the silver water on a feminised sour diesel at the moment the pollen sacks have started to appear and I'm using 55ppm ordered a bottle on line 500ml $30,i spray once a day,seems to do the trick, I soon will be getting gold leaf pollen and crossing skywalker og, but saves me having to worry about buying more of the same seeds online by making more of what I have, I have not tried autos yet

Brim

Brim

Budding

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 Posts:
  • Fav. Lighting: Sun
With crossing your plants it's really just pot luck unless you know everything about the strains

Can be hundreds of phenotypes when you cross some
Can throw just a few with some others

I'd just cross em then grow as many seeds from the cross as room will allow

Pick out any sickly or shit growing seedlings

Veg up a little then clone each one then bud out

Select the best girls then asshole rest

Can use them to cross back onto the pollen from original male that might make a more stable cross .... Mean less genetic variance in the seeds produced

Goal would be to get a strain that breeds true like some skunk and I think northernlights

Cheers mate .....it's pretty fun stuff

Edit : order some books on it , the cannabis breeders Bible and marijuana botony will help you with understanding how it all.works a bit better

Edited by Brim, 05 May 2018 - 08:42 AM.

ShitsNGiggles

ShitsNGiggles

Stoned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 Posts:
  • Cannabis Use:None
Back crossing helps a lot when breeding to bring recessive traits to the fore. The best example would be breeding regular auto x photo period hybrid.

Normally you'd need to breed 5 generations to stabilize the auto trait alone. While your doing this your only breeding with male and female plants displaying characteristics you desire.

Inbreeding brings out recessive traits some of which may not be desirable such as dwarfism. These plants are destroyed and only the plants with desired traits breed. Lines should be created for at least 2 separate females once the strain has been stabilized.

That's my understanding of recessive traits, stabilizing through selective inbreeding and creating IBL. Not that concrete but I guess it's a basic idea of the theory.

Breeding from reversing strains with CS (or alternative) because you have no option i.e. all feminized strains. So if your plants are all fem and no male pollen, reversing is the only option. STS is better from what I've been told by Mongy Man.

Good luck and good breeding. Stay medicated.

Edited by ShitsNGiggles, 06 May 2018 - 09:18 PM.

CYCO Platinum Series Hydroponics Nutrients & Additives
Drug Detox Kits, Toxin Detox Kits, Drug Testing Kits and Medical Condition masking products
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.