Dimable ballast and full spectrum?

This is what i thought and hsve been doing the same in veg, its really great for that-run at 50% for first week and 75 for second week. But problem is when i put up to 100% (for flower) seem to get few male flowers, mostly infertile though. Is 2x400w too intense for 1x1x2 metres?? Cheers jb

Does running your HPS globes at 50 or %75 hit the full spectrum capacity of the globes? Consequently are you reducing potential yeild by doing this?

I've got a 400w dimmable ballast. Just bought a 250w hps for it. There's different opinions but for small coin go out and buy a globe suitable for for setting you've got your ballast set too.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

This is what i thought and hsve been doing the same in veg, its really great for that-run at 50% for first week and 75 for second week. But problem is when i put up to 100% (for flower) seem to get few male flowers, mostly infertile though. Is 2x400w too intense for 1x1x2 metres?? Cheers jb

Maybe you have the light too close causing them to stress and hermi

That was my guess, they are getting stressed and herming a bit. But it hasnt caused any major probs i guess because at the most im only finding a couple of viable seeds. Side note are they suppsed to be fem seeds when that hsppens?

Oodog they are girls only-was a bit confusing i know.

Midlife that is not a bad idea maybe i could get a couple of 250w globes or one and then i can peak them out.

Cheers serated, they are dimmable by % i will put them up to 100% shortly, just switched to 12/12 cant wait to see how this jack herer goes!! Hipefully no bananas this time