New HPS

When my light meter comes (eventually...) I'll do a bit of testing.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Got my light meter yesterdsy. Turns out my phone could only reach to read at 59k lumens max. My tallest cola is at 66k lumens as per the light meter.

The light meter has shown me all the hot spots and not so hot spots. Directly under the bulb is not the hottest in terms of light, about 8 inches away from the centre of both sides is. I've got a cheap euro reflector so will just have a play with it. I know you can get adjust a wings which are meant to be better but I've spent enough money on this hobby already.

What the meter has reinforced to me is that it's important to move and turn around your plants every few days. Even if you achieve an even canopy its of no use when the lumens output from your light are not spread across that canopy evenly.

MLG.

Edited by midlifegardner

Sure, it's a black line digital ballast. Got a 150, 250, 400, and "super lumen" setting. I just set it at 400w. This super lumen, not sure what it's about but sounds like it would push the globe beyond its capabilities.

BTW.. I'm a real novice still so don't go taking advice from me on equipment :) Only do a max of 2 plants for personal.

MLG

Nothing wrong with what you're doing, mate. Similar setup will see most people through. :good:

• Upvote 1