Too late for fertiliser?

I’ve got another post about this plant, but that was to do with seedling issues (WAY back) so I feel a new post is warranted.

I’m growing this single girl in Victoria and so far only raised on seasol + plain water. Since flowering began I introduced the purple powerfeed (‘for flowers, fruit and citrus’), but I’m wondering whether I’d be better off using a specific blooming fertiliser? E.g. Canna Bio Flores?

If harvest is only a few weeks away, is there any point adding something like that now?

G'day Billy, sorry mate I only just realized you'd posted back on your other post.

Mate, she is looking great.. I'd just keep doing what you've been doing. I only suggested flores coz i thought you were only using seasol.. the purple powerfeed seems to be doing the trick nicely.

Just remember to start flushing with just water about a week before harvest so it cleans all the ferts out of the buds for a smoother smoke.

P.s. take my advice with a grain of salt mate, coz I'm only a beginner like you.

Some of the more experienced guys on here might have better advice for you.

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

The plant is looking good man and it would be a shame to mess it up trying different fertilizers. However I find that 1/4 to 1/2 strength dose of liquid potash ($10 from Bunnings) really gives the plant a boost in potassium. However I know the purple seasol has potassium in it so just be careful not to overdo it.

Thanks for the replies everyone! It is REALLY appreciated. I think I’ll stick to purple seasol for now. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it right? An old school grower recommended liquid potash to me so I’m tempted to try it after Squire’s recommendation, but I’ll think it over. He also told me to cut off my shade/fan leaves now flowering is well under way, but everything I’ve read online seems to go against that? General consensus is those leaves act like solar panels. Do people here agree/disagree?

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

from that pic mate she is alot more away from finishing than a few weeks, harvesting early will significantly decrease yeild.

Thanks for that tip. I definitely won’t be harvesting until she’s ready, even if it’s longer than what I’m hoping for. I’ve got a little jeweller’s eyepiece, but some of the trichs already seem ‘milky’ so I fear I won’t be able to recognise the change everyone talks about

• Upvote 1

hi billy i wouldn't worry to much about being able to recognize the change from milky to amber if thats what your referring to because its very noticeable theres a very distinct colour change im sure you will be able to tell the difference when it starts happening, lots of people have different idea's about weather to remove leaves or to leave them be, i personally only remove discolored leaves through out the grow, if there yellow or on there way out i get rid of them so the plant can concentrate on producing healthy buds and the more leaves are there the more energy they can collect however in the last few weeks of my plants life i will start to remove green leaves as long as the plant has enough to spare and i only really do that to minimize the amout of trimming when it comes time to harvest, again everybody has different ways but thats what i do, hope it helps, cheers, GQ

• Upvote 1

Thanks for that tip. I definitely won’t be harvesting until she’s ready, even if it’s longer than what I’m hoping for. I’ve got a little jeweller’s eyepiece, but some of the trichs already seem ‘milky’ so I fear I won’t be able to recognise the change everyone talks about

you'll be right mate, if your not sure then keep an eye on them little heads on the trics, you will start to see a few turn amber mate so start ph water flush for a week or until you have around 30% amber 70% milky...thats probably the easiest way if your not to sure.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1