Question about colas and trichome colour

Hi all.

Since I got my loupe, I have been regularly checking my crowns. I've got some really nice looking ones and the top 50% to 70% or so of each of them is nice and milky/amber but further down, not so much, still clear in the majority with a few sparce ambers and lots of white pistils. I'm worried that by the time they 'milk up' and the pistils have browned off, the trics towards the top will be a majority of amber and that's not what I'm looking for.

I don't want to get the whole amber couch lock effect that will probably happen if I wait for the entire crown to go milky as by then the tops will be dark amber and past what I really want...

Would it be ok to cut the crowns approximately where the milky begins to drift back into clear trics? Apart from the buds not looking the size of 600ml Coke bottles, what harm can it do as I'm prepared to harvest gradually anyway?

Hope that makes sense...

Cheers in advance.

Peace!!  :-)

nice looking herb ma+e

heaps of ppl harves+ in s+ages

i do as well

can be +rickee wi+h flushing

jus+ leave flush as la+e as possible, +ake main colas when ure loupe +ells u

lower buds don'+  seem 2 change 2 much bu+ i give em ano+her 2 weeks

won'+ change in size 2 much bu+ do +urn a li++le milkier

• Upvote 1

nice looking herb ma+e

heaps of ppl harves+ in s+ages

i do as well

can be +rickee wi+h flushing

jus+ leave flush as la+e as possible, +ake main colas when ure loupe +ells u

lower buds don'+  seem 2 change 2 much bu+ i give em ano+her 2 weeks

won'+ change in size 2 much bu+ do +urn a li++le milkier

Cheers mate :-)

I'm just concerned that the tops of the colas will be amber and the bottoms will be milky...but if it can't be helped then so be it...

Cheers mate :-)

I'm just concerned that the tops of the colas will be amber and the bottoms will be milky...but if it can't be helped then so be it...

+ha+'s whi we use l 's' + (low s+reng+h +rain), 2 spread plan+ and +ri 2 have even grow+h of colas

gives a be++er chance of even dispursmen+ and all par+s of bud ga+ even ligh+

if u have normal xmas +ree shape +hen +op of bud is gonna have more ligh+ resul+ing in amber quicker a+  +op +han bo++em

jus+ mi observa+ions +hough

• Upvote 1

+ha+'s whi we use l 's' + (low s+reng+h +rain), 2 spread plan+ and +ri 2 have even grow+h of colas

gives a be++er chance of even dispursmen+ and all par+s of bud ga+ even ligh+

if u have normal xmas +ree shape +hen +op of bud is gonna have more ligh+ resul+ing in amber quicker a+ +op +han bo++em

jus+ mi observa+ions +hough

r afghan bob, with the gaining and imparting of this knowledge it’s time for u to leave the temple and go n teach others what u have learnt

That’s exactly why I do what I do, plus the extra yield helps

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app