• Register Now!
Grass Outdoors Shade Purple Orange Blueberry Watermelon Apple Banana Strawberry Chocolate
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community. - Login to remove this message
International Cannabis Cultivation Questionnaire
Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment

Photo

Cal/Mag deficiency?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

evatil

evatil

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 Posts:
Got given this girl by a friend of a friend. Have never grown before and it's been a steep learning curve after being given an underwatered, neglected plant. Been doing a tonne of reading through the forums here and on Google. I think it looks like a calcium or a magnesium (or both) deficiency.
I need to get her sorted asap. What's something I can use to get her sorted before she gets right into budding up?
Here are some pictures incase I'm reading it all wrong and it's something else. She was looking rather okay yesterday, thought I was on my way to full rehabilitation for the poor darling, but the affected leaves are drooping and the top ones are getting a little pale. There's always a downward curl to her leaf tips, too.
Using seasol and powerfeed.
Went for a look on Bunnings website and found a product called Manutec Trace Elements. Yeah? Nah? Looking at grabbing something in the morning to sort this issue out.
Thanks a million, guys and girls

Attached File  20180312_183806.jpeg   42.38K   52 downloads
Attached File  20180312_183819.jpeg   48.85K   52 downloads
Attached File  20180312_183826.jpeg   52.75K   53 downloads
Attached File  20180311_145201.jpeg   117.22K   50 downloads

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Say thanks with some bits:  bc1q2u6zm8fvmf9n6zv0kdtq0gsvhjfhdcysfss94j  (BTC Only)

ooodog

ooodog

Couch Locked

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1445 Posts:
  • Interests:Indoor grows.
  • Cannabis Use:Rec. & Medicinal
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
You won’t find a cal/mag supplement in Bunnings. You’re local hydro shop is the go.

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---account If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who Died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\---Or who may be suffering from it
survivors too..god bless em
More compassion in this world is what we need!

evatil

evatil

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 Posts:
So, something like these products are no good?

https://www.bunnings...powder_p2961526

https://www.bunnings...elates_p2961860

Was thinking of getting some epsom salt to water in.
Will definitely give the hydro shop a look, but can't get there until later in the week. Hoping to sort her out asap. Kicking myself because I was only in there today having a geeze for the first time

Serrated edge

Serrated edge

Drug War Veteran

• Members
  • 6624 Posts:
  • Interests:Weed and mates
  • Fav. Type:Raw (i.e. Heads)
  • Fav. Heads:"Hydroponic"
  • Fav. Lighting: All
Just flush it heaps and give it something like power feed in the purple bottle ,,any deficiency will sort its self out .

Start at about half strength ,,and monitor it from there.

Get a PH kit or meter if you don't already have one

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4476 Posts:
  • Fav. Heads:100% Organic

hi eva

there are many ways you can try identifying & solving problems

which is made harder without the full history of the plant 

i think SE has some good advice you could try 

i would tend to transplant into fresh soil but in general you don't really want to transplant while a plant is in flower 

would rather not disturb flower making with transplant shock 

i also use aloe vera allot as a health tonic which you can't get at bunnings  

for what's at bunnings , i would change the power feed of SE's idea to gogo juice http://www.neutrog.c...e/gogo-juice-2/

if you can get a few leaves of aloe , you'll need to blend them with a lill water so it works out to 15ml of aloe leaf per liter of water 

& add that to the gogo juice 

if you flush soil , you'll be flushing microorganisms out , use the gogo to re-inoculate the soil 

do flush when she next needs a drink 

evatil

evatil

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 Posts:
Will do, guys! Thanks so much. Googling can sometimes do the same thing with plants as WebMD can do to humans, obviously lol. Was googling like a maniac trying to find out what the hell was going on.
Are the purple stems normal?

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4476 Posts:

Are the purple stems normal?

no , but a lill on leaf stems is sort of normal if your in pots & in some cases it is genetic 

but in this case i'd say no cause of the life she's had , the purple could of come from many 

diff reasons , generally considered a magnesium deficiency 

for now i would just work on getting her healthy & see if issues iron themselves out 

evatil

evatil

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 Posts:
Did a pH reading with a cheapy meter. Don't know how reliable it is, but these are the results.
It's odd. Some leaf stems are green and looking great, some are red and I'm noticing newer yellowing and brown spots on those leaves.
Tap water pH is sitting at 6, if this soil meter is actually accurate at reading water pH. Can't see why it wouldn't be, but it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong about something lol.

Attached File  20180313_121345.jpeg   47.35K   24 downloads

evatil

evatil

Harvesting

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 Posts:
Attached File  20180313_123259.jpeg   49.37K   28 downloadsAttached File  20180313_123333.jpeg   53.88K   29 downloads

Just some closer photos of the affected leaves and the colour of the stems, in case that may help? Looking like a more red colour.

itchybromusic

itchybromusic

Lfdjhbkma...

• Members
  • 4476 Posts:

keep an eye mostly on new growth , as a indication of how the plant is doing now 

leaf damage from earlier probs can see many of those leaves never recover regardless of currant plant condition 

but of cause never rule out anything you see diff on a plant than the day B4 

Glandore Hydroponic Nutrients, Lights and Equipment
Barneys Farm Cannabis Seeds
WARNING/DISCLAIMER The OZ Stoners cannabis community contains information regarding cannabis & other drugs; it is designed for mature (18+) audiences only. This site in no way condones the use of cannabis by minors. The content here within this cannabis community is for educational & entertainment purposes only. Any buying/selling or trading of illegal cannabis seeds, clones, flowers, resin or oil is strictly prohibited within this cannabis community.