Good compost mix?

Hi everyone it’s me again I just wanted to know about getting started, in the back yard I want to grow organic only what recipe do I need I’ve got cow,chicken and mushroom compost and worm casting and dynamic lifter what else do I need and how much of it, any help would be appreciated thank you people [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

Hi everyone it’s me again I just wanted to know about getting started, in the back yard I want to grow organic only what recipe do I need I’ve got cow,chicken and mushroom compost and worm casting and dynamic lifter what else do I need and how much of it, any help would be appreciated thank you people [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using OZ Stoners

hey mate 

not a simple answer i'm sorry but 

try starting here https://buildasoil.com/pages/the-complete-system

cow , chicken , animal manure all have there pros & cons , even mushroom compost can be suss from what sprays that might have been used against bugs 

leaving residuals in the compost , certified organic certainly helps but even that can get a lill murky if you look into it hard enough 

castings are pretty good although the food the worms are fed makes a big diff in the castings produced 

i would generally choose castings over all the above mentioned for soil mixes , top dressings & compost tea making  

i make a soil mix very similar to the buildasoil.com system 

if you want no effort buy canna terra pro soil & use your casting as top dresses though the grow = make sure you leave space at the top of the pot to add 

casting & a cover like straw = castings no good if they dry out 

ps if using canna terra don't add anything extra to the soil , use as is & top dress anything you think you'd like to try & remember less is more 

Edited by itchybromusic

imho it be better to have more browns & less greens , more like 2 part browns to 1 part greens ( as a rule of thumb )

this will help make sure the pile stays anaerobic , of cause many other steps in the good compost making process to consider 

i think we get a little caught up in the need for nitrogen , first off the air we breathe ( our environment ) is already around 80% nitrogen , 20% oxygen 

secondly , lots of nitrogen will give you rapid growth but the downside to that rapid growth is thinner cell walls making the 

plant more susceptible to pest attack , thinner cell walls make it easy for bugs to chew through 

anyway the most important link in the chain is the microorganisms that breakdown organic matter into a plant available form 

you can put as much manure / grass clippings / straw / wood chips as you like but unless soil organisms eat it the plant will never

be able to consume it  

Canna Terra Professional review 5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD QUALITY!

Hi all,

Doing a tonne of research before I jump into my first grow in a little while.
Will be growing outdoors in pots, lucky enough to have a yard with near-perfect sun exposure. Not lucky enough to have somewhere to plant into the ground without being found by unwanted eyes. Will be starting with some Autoflowers as I hear they're harder to mess up and better for a beginner grow. Also smaller until I work on my grow-stealth.

Soil, I'm thinking of using Canna Terra Professional. Have heard it's great, but willing to hear any other suggestions.

It's been a steep learning curve but I'm learning so much and I'm sure I'll be posting loads of questions soon enough.

Looking at some compost. Just did a gumtree search and found this mix, about 40 minutes from me:

Woodchip
Coco coir
Manures
Shredded high nutrient plants
Compost teas
Manure teas
Worm castings and tea
Biochar
Hand caught and cultured Indigenous Micro organisms
Lactic Acid Bacteria serum
Bokashi EM1
Kefir Mix

It looks great from what little I've read about compost (going into this at complete n00b level) worth the trip?

How much am I going to want to add to my pots? Will the CTP soil and compost be a decent mix? Perlite, too?

Thank you [emoji5]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

imho it be better to have more browns & less greens , more like 2 part browns to 1 part greens ( as a rule of thumb )

this will help make sure the pile stays anaerobic , of cause many other steps in the good compost making process to consider 

i think we get a little caught up in the need for nitrogen , first off the air we breathe ( our environment ) is already around 80% nitrogen , 20% oxygen 

secondly , lots of nitrogen will give you rapid growth but the downside to that rapid growth is thinner cell walls making the 

plant more susceptible to pest attack , thinner cell walls make it easy for bugs to chew through 

anyway the most important link in the chain is the microorganisms that breakdown organic matter into a plant available form 

you can put as much manure / grass clippings / straw / wood chips as you like but unless soil organisms eat it the plant will never

be able to consume it  

sorry , slight error in my post , my apologies 

this will help make sure the pile stays anaerobic " 

this should say " Help make sure the pile stays " aerobic " ( with air ) " not " anaerobic " ( without air ) 

oops , sorry again  

Edited by itchybromusic

Many state regulations for the disposal of cannabis waste require the cannabis to be mixed at least 50%:50% by volume with non-cannabis waste in order to render the cannabis waste unusable.  While this rule requires composters to source non-cannabis feedstocks, these materials can also help produce a balanced recipe for hot composting.