Drying

i like the no till philosophy so i'd leave the radish where they are just chop the top off to use as mulch or N in the compost pile

& let the worms & other composters consume it under ground , & as worms come & go from consuming the radish they aerate the soil

whatever the radish took out of the ground to grow , gets put back via feeding the soil life who spit it back out to feed your plant , it's only once

something is taken to be consumed is when organic matter needs replacing in the soil , remembering the soil life itself is part of the nutrient cycle

as they consume each other

Sounds good. It was originally a chicken pen which I turned into a greenhouse. When I initially turn the soul to work in my compost, blood and bone, gypsum and hay the amount of worms in there was phenomenal. I imagine they'll make short work of the radishes :)

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Thanks for the read guys. Interesting. Hey Tunks. What’s the story with the 2 days darkness? Is that to give it a quicker death? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using OZ Stoners

Couple of theories. Haven't seen anywhere that proves anything. And I believe it may be strain related which is why no one really has a definitive for or against.

First, plants generate terpenes through the night for the following day so it is thought that leaving them in the dark will produce more.

Second, it is thought that the plant will use up all of the stored chloraphyl before receiving more from the following days light, producing a smoother taste to the smoke.

And third, it has also been said that trichome coverage somewhow increases after being in the dark. Not sure the theory behind that one, just a bunch of people stating it lol

• Upvote 1

Once a plant is pulled it only dries out THC isn't made in the stem or roots ...it is made on the flower cannabinoids,terpenoids, and other compounds are secreted by glandular trichomes that occur most abundantly on the floral female plants.

The flower has the majority if not all the oil...if anything apart from it making it easier to hang...the leaving of it on the stem helps slow down evaporation and the rapid drying out of flowers via capillary action.From bottom to top.Out of direct light ..preferably darkness.

If you can slow the process down and keep the temp between the right parameters it helps retain the most flavour and smell.

• Upvote 2