*Help me before my plant dies*

i asked weather they were clear cos fungus gnat larvae are about 0.5-1 cm long clear with a black dot at one end 

look very much like a white worm 

mulch is always good , this is how you feed the pot , via the mulch layer 

doesn't need to be as deep indoors as outdoor , as long as it decreases evaporation 

keep in mind , soil life do there best work with moisture , & they piss off when dry 

a thick mulch layer helps to get the pot to dry evenly & not from the top down 

ok purple led's , mycelium that changes color from white to black gray or red is no longer beneficial 

some colors are good some not so good 

do you have any kelp meal or aloe vera 

i asked weather they were clear cos fungus gnat larvae are about 0.5-1 cm long clear with a black dot at one end 

look very much like a white worm 

mulch is always good , this is how you feed the pot , via the mulch layer 

doesn't need to be as deep indoors as outdoor , as long as it decreases evaporation 

keep in mind , soil life do there best work with moisture , & they piss off when dry 

a thick mulch layer helps to get the pot to dry evenly & not from the top down 

ok purple led's , mycelium that changes color from white to black gray or red is no longer beneficial 

some colors are good some not so good 

do you have any kelp meal or aloe vera 

oh ok i deffs do not want those dirty gnats. the worms are pure white.. no black dots.. i have added in neem meal and kelp as soil amendment aswell as a top dress. the top layer is now really hard and dry clay like from the neem meal, (soil underneath is still wet) what is a good type of mulch that i should use?

i mostly use barley straw ( browns ) & if outdoor i might trim a bit of rosemary or other smelly herbs & add that as well ( greens ) 

maybe some canna shade leaves & lower sucker branches ( greens ) & some more soil ( considered a brown )

early on i might chop the barley up a bit to get it a bit more concentrated & easier to put on top of a smaller pot 

as far as gnats go , they're part of the soil life & the soil food web , there should be know issues with the odd gnat flying round   

they eat fungus & organic matter , most of the time for living soil growers they're just annoying if they get a foot hold & become

an infestation they're still pretty much just annoying cause most of the time there's plenty of organic matter / fungus to eat 

sometime that fungus might be attached to a root & that root might get chewed on , but not that often , diff kettle of fish in a inert 

media like coco  

Hiya speca :)

Just a quick one to make sure ... do you use an exhaust fan to get rid of stale air and replace it with fresh air? If not, it might be worth looking at getting some fresh air into the grow area. Also, before your girls start to smell delicious ... it might be a good idea to think about ways to manage the smell - maybe a small carbon filter fitted to a small exhaust fan, would do the trick.

This will improve the health of your plant a fair bit.

i mostly use barley straw ( browns ) & if outdoor i might trim a bit of rosemary or other smelly herbs & add that as well ( greens ) 

maybe some canna shade leaves & lower sucker branches ( greens ) & some more soil ( considered a brown )

early on i might chop the barley up a bit to get it a bit more concentrated & easier to put on top of a smaller pot 

as far as gnats go , they're part of the soil life & the soil food web , there should be know issues with the odd gnat flying round   

they eat fungus & organic matter , most of the time for living soil growers they're just annoying if they get a foot hold & become

an infestation they're still pretty much just annoying cause most of the time there's plenty of organic matter / fungus to eat 

sometime that fungus might be attached to a root & that root might get chewed on , but not that often , diff kettle of fish in a inert 

media like coco  

okay will be heading out to get some straw, yeah i had a infestation and they were eating my roots because there was no fungus just shitty soil(in my first thread), but looks like ive got lots of bacteria and fungus life now so it shouldn't be a problem if the odd one comes in.

Hiya speca :)

Just a quick one to make sure ... do you use an exhaust fan to get rid of stale air and replace it with fresh air? If not, it might be worth looking at getting some fresh air into the grow area. Also, before your girls start to smell delicious ... it might be a good idea to think about ways to manage the smell - maybe a small carbon filter fitted to a small exhaust fan, would do the trick.

This will improve the health of your plant a fair bit.

i dont have a exhaust fan but i leave my closet open to air it out and leave it about 1/6 of the way open most of the day when lights on, but im gonna be moving it to my other room where i have a widow that gets all the sea breeze and keeps it very cool, i live right on the coast of wa so alot of wind. i will keep my bedroom closet as a veging room. currently running a vornado fan in the closet and it circulates the air really well. 

cheers guys

okay will be heading out to get some straw, yeah i had a infestation and they were eating my roots because there was no fungus just shitty soil(in my first thread), but looks like ive got lots of bacteria and fungus life now so it shouldn't be a problem if the odd one comes in.

i dont have a exhaust fan but i leave my closet open to air it out and leave it about 1/6 of the way open most of the day when lights on, but im gonna be moving it to my other room where i have a widow that gets all the sea breeze and keeps it very cool, i live right on the coast of wa so alot of wind. i will keep my bedroom closet as a veging room. currently running a vornado fan in the closet and it circulates the air really well. 

cheers guys

nice one speca ... sorted mate.:)

• Upvote 1