Irrigation

I am doing a grow in a greenhouse I made from what used to be a chook pen. I'm growing in the ground to take advantage of all the chicken manure that has built up plus I've added compost, blood and bone and gypsum to try and break up the clumps. Question is should I use drippers placed at the base of the plants for watering or use microsprays? The drippers would be good as it's targeted and uses very little water where as sprays would be good as the foliage would be able to take in moisture as well. The downside of the sprays is I'm thinking it may promote disease if the plant is always getting wet, it uses more water and is not as targeted. Greenhouse pictured. post-63002-151915695107_thumb.jpeg

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I am doing a grow in a greenhouse I made from what used to be a chook pen. I'm growing in the ground to take advantage of all the chicken manure that has built up plus I've added compost, blood and bone and gypsum to try and break up the clumps. Question is should I use drippers placed at the base of the plants for watering or use microsprays? The drippers would be good as it's targeted and uses very little water where as sprays would be good as the foliage would be able to take in moisture as well. The downside of the sprays is I'm thinking it may promote disease if the plant is always getting wet, it uses more water and is not as targeted. Greenhouse pictured. attachicon.gif20180122_160113

You gonna grow weed in there? Not worried about prying eyes?

Looks awesome mate. My old man used to have a huge greenroom built like that. Extended from the back of the house and took up 1/4 of our yard lol and had sprayers all around the joint. That was a long time ago though..

Sorry I had no input about foliar sprayers or drippers lol

You gonna grow weed in there? Not worried about prying eyes?

Looks awesome mate. My old man used to have a huge greenroom built like that. Extended from the back of the house and took up 1/4 of our yard lol and had sprayers all around the joint. That was a long time ago though..

Sorry I had no input about foliar sprayers or drippers lol

Back neighbor is cool and that's the only one that can see and even then it's pretty shielded. I reckon it should produce well.

Hiya Maxxlass, like gazza said its looks a winner but you will need a bit of height mos likely.  I'd extend but keep it covered with a suitable ag material or 5 'cent shade cloth or so...

Maybe run a passionfruit vine, choko or some suchlike along the fence.  I have one of those stupid 'I can see everything in your backyard' tight arse fences...prolly saved a paling or two...would board it up but I canna seem to find the dosh lol Gotta get dressed to go out the the hills hoist for suitable attire ffs. 

If you can't tell those wide gap fuckers are the hate of my life.  Get a vine or two over it imo :thumbsup:

Peace and good gardening

Faith :sun: