I would recommend watching Growmau5 videos if you want to learn about appropriate LED lights for your space, he certainly knows his stuff. The PAR, PPFD, μmol/joule etc. is all very important when determining your required light IMO. These HLGs really are killer value..this is my tent yesterday, my previous pictures are from the 21st of Feb!

attachicon.gif3x3.jpg

Unfortunately they love it a little too much and my 3x3 is looking very crowded. Pretty impressive so far considering it only draws 280W!

Hey filthy your plants look epic!  Very nice.

I'll have a gander at the growmau5 vids, thanks. 

The light I'm planning to build is similar to that found on ledgardener.  Their 2x2 grow space setup with 2 foot strips using q-series. Except I'm adding extra strips and having a combination of 3000K and 4000K's that can be separately turned on and off. They say to use 7 I'm using 11. 5x 3000K and 6x 4000K. Maybe growmau5 can offer me some fair advice on this but at just over 100W I think it'll still be cost effective just not sure if it's going to be too much when I have all 11 on in flower.

I bought the HLG 260w QB kit (same boards and drivers as the 300) from the US and it murders 450w from the wall of Meizhi Chinese LED.

QBs are the future for sure, I want another one for 560 watts....same as the 550. Cost me $500 AU delivered, much better value than the prebuilt '300' one considering they are the exact same light...

Link: https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/diy/products/260w-qb-led-kit

attachicon.gif_D8E7585.jpg

attachicon.gif_D8E7603.jpg

What spectrum is that?

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Hey filthy your plants look epic!  Very nice.

I'll have a gander at the growmau5 vids, thanks. 

The light I'm planning to build is similar to that found on ledgardener.  Their 2x2 grow space setup with 2 foot strips using q-series. Except I'm adding extra strips and having a combination of 3000K and 4000K's that can be separately turned on and off. They say to use 7 I'm using 11. 5x 3000K and 6x 4000K. Maybe growmau5 can offer me some fair advice on this but at just over 100W I think it'll still be cost effective just not sure if it's going to be too much when I have all 11 on in flower.

Thanks man, just harvested around half of this run at day 61, going to leave it another week or so.

What spectrum is that?

It's a 260w Kit with QB288s in 3000k. Pics of flower.

post-52330-0-95277000-1525044174_thumb.jpg post-52330-0-54239900-1525044355_thumb.jpg post-52330-0-05867700-1525044369_thumb.jpg post-52330-0-07335900-1525044378_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Thanks man, just harvested around half of this run at day 61, going to leave it another week or so.

It's a 260w Kit with QB288s in 3000k. Pics of flower.

attachicon.gifWeek-8.jpg attachicon.gifWeek-8a.jpg attachicon.gif1.jpg attachicon.gif2.jpg

They look great all the spectrums are confusing for a full grow but they look great with the 3000k might have to get one in future

What is the heat output like compared with the meizhi? dreading this summer.....

I bought the HLG 260w QB kit (same boards and drivers as the 300) from the US and it murders 450w from the wall of Meizhi Chinese LED.

QBs are the future for sure, I want another one for 560 watts....same as the 550. Cost me $500 AU delivered, much better value than the prebuilt '300' one considering they are the exact same light...

Link: https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/diy/products/260w-qb-led-kit

attachicon.gif_D8E7585.jpg

attachicon.gif_D8E7603.jpg