I have been asking around about LED's.

Hi bob, what price range are you looking at mate...
Ive been looking at almost every led knowen to man in the last few months and eventually went with the hlg 550.
Anyway i may be able to point you in the right direction [emoji16]

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

Have you looked at the optic 1 cob? I ordered one for my cupboard which is 40x60x100

Posted from the OZ Stoners mobile app

I believe the HLG 300 is the right light for me. https://www.quickbloomlights.com.au/collections/horticulture-lighting-group-led-grow-lights/products/hlg-300-quantum-board-led-grow-light-dimmable-285-watt-draw?variant=424259584016

What I need is a DIY Kit so I can save some serious moolah. I have a close mate who's also interested.

Anyone having any information about this please contact me ASAP as I'm keen to get it happening ;)

Thank you in advance.

Bob B

For those with interest in DIY LED set ups using samsung technology check out this link:

http://ledgardener.com/diy-led-strip-build-designs-samsung-bridgelux/

Then head over to:

https://www.digikey.com.au/

And see what they have in stock. I gave them a call and they were very helpful.

I bought the HLG 260w QB kit (same boards and drivers as the 300) from the US and it murders 450w from the wall of Meizhi Chinese LED.

QBs are the future for sure, I want another one for 560 watts....same as the 550. Cost me $500 AU delivered, much better value than the prebuilt '300' one considering they are the exact same light...

Link: https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/diy/products/260w-qb-led-kit

post-52330-0-20152600-1520248855_thumb.jpg

post-52330-0-27442900-1520248878_thumb.jpg

Edited by filthyjw

filthy that light's very cool, I like it a lot. Pretty darn sweet I must say.

Your tent is a very decent size too congrats on having the space for it ;)

I'll make a proper update and maybe even a new thread for my light I'm making.  Costs are quite low and the electricity consumption is tiny for what it will be.

Thanks for sharing. I have a question though; does your light need to be that far away? I plan on having mine much closer

• Upvote 1

Thanks man, it's in a 3x3 which is recommended I think, at around 45cm or 18" away from the canopy. I have mine at that height for the mix of coverage and PAR output I guess. The dimming is particularly useful here, if you need to run them closer no problem cause they are so quick and easy to dim. HLG have some PAR readings on their website for the kits and lights and from what I understand unless you are running CO2 these will be pretty much reaching peak light saturation there.

• Upvote 2

I would recommend watching Growmau5 videos if you want to learn about appropriate LED lights for your space, he certainly knows his stuff. The PAR, PPFD, μmol/joule etc. is all very important when determining your required light IMO. These HLGs really are killer value..this is my tent yesterday, my previous pictures are from the 21st of Feb!

post-52330-0-27649900-1520479017_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately they love it a little too much and my 3x3 is looking very crowded. Pretty impressive so far considering it only draws 280W!

Edited by filthyjw
  • Upvote 1

I would recommend watching Growmau5 videos if you want to learn about appropriate LED lights for your space, he certainly knows his stuff. The PAR, PPFD, μmol/joule etc. is all very important when determining your required light IMO. These HLGs really are killer value..this is my tent yesterday, my previous pictures are from the 21st of Feb!

attachicon.gif3x3.jpg

Unfortunately they love it a little too much and my 3x3 is looking very crowded. Pretty impressive so far considering it only draws 280W!

I'd recommend ledgardener also
  • Upvote 1