Varieties for cold weather?

Does  anyone know of varieties that will do well in in cool/cold weather?  I do have a hydro setup in a weatherboard out building that is lined with plywood but here in the TAS winter the room gets very cold even during veg with the lights on(6am -12pm).  I had an oil filled heater running 24/7 in there but even so temps consistently got to 8c-11c overnight and anywhere from 12c-16c of a day. I tried growing 2 varieties I had previously grown during the summer  (the Church & The Doctor) but they were extremely slow growing and suffered terribly with magnesium deficiency which the horticulturalist at the grow shop said was due to the low temps impairing/preventing the uptake of magnesium. I had grown both varieties the previous summer without issues and got nice yields but the winter effort only got about 13% of the summer yield  :thumbdown: .  

I was thinking that if there are some varieties that more tolerant of the cold then perhaps they will grow faster, hopefully not have the magnesium issues and produce a reasonable crop otherwise its just not viable for me to try to grow over the colder months particularly May-June-July but April and August are not very warm either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Well to respond to my own question (after some extensive research), autos with their short life span are an option  AND the variety Big Bang will happily flower at temp 10C and above. Had read that Bruce Banner #3 (photo) is also very cold tolerant and had intended to give that a try until I discovered Big Bang Autos, for now am going to try the safe approach with the autos rather than invest time and effort into the much longer photo period grow and after some experimentation this year might go for Bruce banner for an Autumn to early winter grow followed by B/Bang auto through mid/late winter. If goes well will advise of the results as there are people in cool/cold climates that would have the same struggle I have had with cold temperatures even with hydro grow.